PittsburgCA have Medi-Cal, Looking for people in the area that have expierence with approval...

camantha
on 10/22/14 9:38 am

I have regular Medi-Cal until 11/1/14 and ill be active with Anthem then. Has anyone had experience with this plan or the contra costa health plan in getting approved for surgery, and if so what steps did you have to take, what doctor did you initially go to and how was the initial doctor when you first brought up the subject?

I haven't seen a doctor besides a gyno in years and I'm timid to bring this option up to someone I just started seeing and I'm not sure how dismissive they'll be or aggressive on my half to start the process. I've tried to search for blogs documenting peoples journeys but there just aren't any in a similar situation or area and I know each insurance has a different process from beginning to end.

I'm looking for any advice someone may have or any rules of thumb to go by, with Medi-cal there aren't many doctors offices to choose from, so it would be extremely helpful to know if there is one that is a little more helpful overall to get you referred. Thanks so much!

Most Active