Kaiser San Diego - Primary Care Doctor

sweetennui
on 2/9/15 12:22 pm

Hi all! 

I'm brand new but I am looking for a Kaiser primary care doctor in San Diego that is at least somewhat obesity-friendly? Is that the word I am looking for?

I need a doctor that is used to and deals with obese patients on a semi-regular basis. I'm just frustrated that every time I see a doctor at Kaiser, they're all so uncomfortable with me. Yes, I would love to discuss my weight and make some plans for losing weight -- whether that's diet, exercise, or WLS, but I am so tired with the, "So you know you have a high BMI? *cough* Yes, that's a problem." And then moving on. I am an excellent advocate for myself, but I just wi**** wasn't so much work ALL THE TIME. 

Jessica

WickedVegas
on 3/5/15 8:03 am

Hi!

Kaiser has a separate program for this, so as far as I have seen there rteally aren't alot of regular primary care doctors that specialize in bariatric surgery. You should ask for a referral to the Positive Choice weight loss center of Kaiser. Dr. Ray is the one who runs the program, and they have all kinds of help and support for weight loss there. Everything from diet programs to bariatric surgery programs.

Kaiser even has them on a separate website...positivechoice.org, but they are still a Kaiser program.

Hope this helps!

Most Active