surgeon advice/recommendation needed

Taniesa
on 3/31/15 6:49 am

So my insurance (Blue Shield of CA) will cover my revisional surgery (wanting rny to ds) however Dr Rabkin's office requires the 15000.00 to be paid upfront and then they will give you back whatever the insurance pays out. There is NO way I can do that, its going to be a challenge to pay out the deductible of 4k as it is. So I need to find a surgeon that accepts insurance that will do the revision surgery. Can anyone point me in some sort of direction?

larra
on 3/31/15 7:08 am - bay area, CA

There is only one other surgeon in CA who does this very complex revision surgery, and that's Dr. Ara Keshishian in Glendale. You could contact his office to see whether or not your insurance would be accepted, and what your out of pocket costs would be.

RNY to DS revision involves taking apart the old RNY, restoring everything to the original anatomy, and THEN creating the DS. It's a big, complicated, challenging operation that only a few surgeons do. That means your options are limited. Dr. Rabkin and Dr. Keshishian both do many revisions so you would be in good hands with either of them. I  hope you will be able to swing the out of pocket costs. This revision has helped many people who have either experienced severe complications with their RNY that could not be otherwise fixed, or whose results with RNY have been poor.

Larra

Most Active