Recent Posts

Member Services
on 2/1/24 6:56 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Early Bird Access is Open ? Bariatric Connect 2024 National Conference!

Early Bird Deal Alert, Only 100 Available!

Are you ready to join us at the 2024 Bariatric Connect National Conference in Newport Beach, CA, on September 20th-21st? Now's the perfect opportunity! Starting today, you can grab an Early Bird ticket - be one of the first 100 to register and save $30 on general admission. This Early Bird offer lasts until March 31, 2024, or until the Early Bird tickets sell out - whichever comes first!

Join us on an incredible two-day journey, filled with learning, sharing, and connecting. It's not just an event, it's where you'll find your people! https://bit.ly/42l42aS

Ninalara88
on 10/31/23 2:31 pm - Las Vegas, CA
VSG on 08/01/12
Topic: Kaiser Inland Empire, Options Check-In

Asking for my lil Sister

When I used this site back in 2012, we would follow Options classes that ended before us to gage the surgery date we might land on.

Is there a post that I'm not seeing? If you have completed Options Kaiser in Inland Empire Check in with

Options Ended on (date)

Last Doc Appt (date)

Surgery date ???

Please and thank you!!

Back to Basics Since 9.2.23 NEW GOAL W: 175 CW: 204 Down 14.2

Post OP 11 years, 3 months VSG 08.01.2012 by Robert Armando Casillas, MD (Kaiser -Los Angeles)

HW: 270.2 7.3.12 SW: 256.4 GW (then) 150 LW ever: 158 1.11.2014 Highest after VSG 222.4 6.24.17

Lowest weight before last gain: 161.8 3.6.2020

Highest weight218.2 3.15.23

Member Services
on 7/7/23 11:50 am, edited 9/25/23 7:28 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Dr. Now from "My 600-lb Life" will deliver Keynote at #OH2023!

We're thrilled to announce the return of Dr. Younan Nowzaradan (aka Dr. Now from "My 600-lb Life") as Keynote Speaker & Fireside Chat guest for #OH2023! Get ready for an extraordinary session filled with invaluable insights only Dr. Now can bring! It is an honor to have him join us to help celebrate our 25th Anniversary; as part of the celebration, use promo code DRNOW25 for a $25 discount on your conference tickets. Click here for more details!

For more information about the 2023 ObesityHelp National Conference, including details on the agenda, speakers, and ticket availability, visit https://www.obesityhelp.com/events

Ccecejac
on 3/18/23 6:03 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 02/06/20
Topic: Be Motivated Always! Do not Give Up!

Hi Bariatric Family,

I have been battling Obesity and battling Eating Disorder for over 10 years. I tried the Weight Management previous years before. I had a personal trainer, I was going to the gym, and I cut back on my calorie's intakes. Overall, I was able to lose 125 pounds. I was able to maintain and not regained the weight loss for 5 months the most. I was not able to lose any more weight I reached a Plateau!!! I spend more hours at the gym and ate food being mindful of calories intakes. I eventually, regained all 125 pounds I loss and regained additional over 100 pounds extra weight that I had to battle with ongoing.

I was wearing a Size 4X and 5X in jackets, a Size 5X to a Size 6X in pants, blouses, and clothes in general.. I always had to utilize an extension seat belt riding in the car, and this was my reason avoiding taking an airplane. I was almost 400 pounds. I decided to have the "Gastric Bypass Surgery" this surgery was the right fit for me because I needed to lose over 100 pounds. On February 6, 2020, I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery. I had no side effects and I did not have any complications. I followed my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and per instructions very "Important." I had a License Dietitian they give us support and guidance what food to avoid after the Bariatric Surgery (Post Op). The Dietitian is there to continue to assist us on our weight loss journey success. It is "Important" to follow your License Dietitian guidelines per instructions too!!

My Weight Loss journey was a new amazingly transformation. I loss almost 180 pounds my 3 years Post Op was on February 6, 2023. I have not regained any weight back and continue to lose 2 pounds to 3 pounds a week. I wear a Size 12 in pants, a Size small in shirts (tops), a Size medium in skirts and dresses. My coats and jackets are a Size small/medium. I am enjoying each day abundantly of joyfulness and continuous great success on my weight loss journey success until this day. "By the amazing grace of God made it possible." I am always delighted to share my "True Testimony" to inspire and genuinely helping others to overcome their battling with Obesity and overcome their battling with Eating Disorder.

I continue to apply my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and the License Dietitian I was receiving assistance from years ago their guidelines were always to eat in smaller portion and in moderation. I am very mindfully (aware) of healthy food to eat than food with high calories to not eat. I have adapted extremely well with my healthy eating patterns. I am delighted and continuing enjoying my amazingly new transformation every day! I keep my "Mindset" continuously motivated, discipline, fully committed, and strongly mindful is the key to not regain any weight back. This how you avoid weight gain and prevent setbacks!!!

I have a compassion for helping others in a positive way (that is what I do). We must continue to support and edify one another. If someone had a setback (regained weight) and need advice well, I support them how I am continuing to have weight loss success, then be supportive and give them guidance in helping them to reach their weight loss goals.

Our Weight Loss Journey is a Lifetime and a Lifetime Commitment for the rest of our lives. I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to read my "True Testimony."

Respectfully,

Cece

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 2/2/22 7:59 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: OH National Conference tickets are now on sale! Early Bird Tickets are Limited!

Hello everyone and Happy 2022!

We are thrilled to announce that we have launched Early Bird ticket sales for our National Conference. Visit the Events Page for information on the past events, buy tickets, and get an idea what to expect this year in Southern CA! Get your Halloween costumes ready for the Friday night Meet and Greet that has become an OH tradition and is so much fun!

We are currently working on key topics for the speakers that help to educate us all, as well as bringing back bariatric-friendly product vendors who provide samples to try, so let's please share this information with everyone so they can join us. Keep

Whether you have attended before or are with us for the first time, everyone is welcome to come and be supported in their journeys to health and weight loss! Look for the Early Bird Tickets

See you there!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Luvnall3
on 6/18/19 6:35 pm
Topic: New to this forum. Question about UCLA or Cedars-Sinai.

Hello. I am Stephanie. It has been suggested that I look into having a revision from my gastric sleeve to a bypass. I have severe acid reflux I have suffered with for 6 years. My insurance doesn't cover any doctors in my town. So they keep referring me to Los Angeles. It is about 2 hours from me. My primary doctor is concerned about Barrett's esophagus, due to the acid and needs me to see a bariatric surgeon for this. Since this is a California forum, I figured I may get more answers here than on the revision forum. Anyways,

My question is regarding if any have went to or had your surgery with any of the doctors from UCLA weight loss center? Dr. Dutson and Dr. Chen are 2 on my plan. How was your experience? Anything you can tell me is helpful.

Then another option is Cedars-Sinai weight loss center. There I have Dr. Cunneen and Dr. Burch under my plan. If you have visited or had your surgery here, how was your experience? Again anything is helpful!

I appreciate the feedback. I need to choose someone quick per my primary doc.

Thank you for your help.

~Stephanie

LessofRaven
on 6/12/19 3:45 pm - San Jose , CA
VSG on 09/24/14
Topic: Insurance Wait Times

hi i just started the process to get the Gastric Bypass in Southern California. I have Blue Shield PPO and i was wondering if anyone knew the wait time currently.

Sleeved! 9/24/2014 by Dr. Bhoyrul  SW: 265  CW:253

First Goal 10% (238.5) , Second Goal 25% (198.5), Finish line (150)  

Kathy S.
on 3/4/19 8:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: Tick Tock - the clock is winding down for the early bird special!

Time is flying by and we want to be sure you don't miss the Early Bird Ticket Sale! Stop by and snag your tickets before this expires on May 31, 2019! Let's make this the biggest OH conference EVER!

ObesityHelp National Conference 2019 Ticket Purchase

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active