Medicaid??

jasminemarie12
on 7/8/12 8:45 am - Florence, CO
I was wondering if any one got the surgery through colorado medicaid? I just started seeing a surgeon last month and have already provided 6 months of weight loss with my endocrinologist, I have done and been cleared with a spych eval, and got blood work to check my thyroid which was normal! I have my appointment tomorrow to submit and I am so nervous ! They got the pre auth over the phone at my first appointment ... I have PCOS, Insulin resistance, chronic back pain, pelvic pain and pelvic nerve damage, skin problems, and mild sleep apnea,ashma,shortness of breath all teh time and urinary incontinence and hypothyroidism,
Opinions please? Do you think I will be denied or approved
I am 5'3 and weigh 267 and I am almost 21 i think my bmi was about 48-50
How long does it usually take medicaid to get an answer back ?
caligirl2829
on 7/27/12 4:11 pm - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12
 I am also awaiting approval from Medicaid so I don't know how long it takes them. I just found out today @ my pre-op appt that I wasn't already approved- I've done everything and have had a surgery date for awhile now, so I thought I was all good. It sounds like not only is your BMI high enough but, if you have been diagnosed and are being treated for the sleep apnea and asthma then you also would have qualifying co-morbidity's. So, Yes, I think you should be fine and get APPROVED for WLS! Please let me know how it goes, so I will have an idea of how long the turn around time is for them.
Best of luck on your new life!

RNY Scheduled 8-22-2012

God bless!    

Deb 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4613 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5618 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?