Reaching out to Colorado Members

staceyp1105
on 12/2/13 11:12 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

It looks like this Colorado Forum is not super active...or maybe I am using it wrong.

My Sleeve is scheduled for Wed 12/18/13 in the Denver area and I was reaching out to see if there were any other members around to connect with that have experienced the procedure, are on their journey or have a scheduled surgery upcoming.

So many questions and thoughts so just nice to have a group to bounce ideas and comments off of.  One that maybe feels a little more "connected" then some of the larger groups on Obesity help.

Hope you will respond if interested.

Stacey

rengirl1978
on 12/2/13 11:26 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Hi Stacey!

My sleeve is also scheduled for the 18th! How cool! Who is your surgeon? I am using Dr. Richard Tillquist. I have purchased most of the things I will need for after surgery. Also have attended the nut class, so I know how to feed myself after the surgery. Are you as excited as I am?!

~Rhiannon

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

staceyp1105
on 12/3/13 4:31 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Funny our dates are the same!  You sound more organized than me!  My process has been kind of whirlwind as I have been on the fast track to make this happen only since end of August.   Not sure what the NUT class is but I attend my pre-surgery class tomorrow where I will learn about what to expect and how to live and eat after.  Likely that is the same thing you are referring to.

I feel I havent done near enough to prepare.  I have been definitely working on the water but from everything I have read, I will clearly learn "how" to drink it differently.  I am visiting the bathroom very often which is a pain and should continue to get interesting.  I am very good at forgetting to take the vitamins but I will definitely need to focus on that.  I havent really made adjustments to eating yet since my appetite obviously gets in my way.  I will be honest too in saying that it is hard not to want to get in some of my favorites that I might be saying goodbye to.  I feel like I am treating my surgery date as the day I say goodbye to food being anything more than necessity to live.  I am tired of food having the power and I am ready to be done with that and thinking about it all the time.

So yes...I am excited.  Much more excitement then nervous.  I literally just got my date confirmed and Interestingly since then I have had a hard time sleeping and have had a headache.  Maybe I am more nervous then I realize.  I have also been on anti-inflammatories and motrin for hip pain and I had to go off of that in prep for surgery.  I wonder if you can experience "withdrawl" from that???

So what type of things did you purchase?

What is your lifestyle like?  I am married and have 2 kids - 12 and 8.  I haven't told them yet and I am trying to figure out what and how.  They are both healthy (fortunately) and of perfect weight but so was I until college.  I see their eating habits declining and I have obviously not been a great role model.  I want to use my surgery as an opportunity for my household to be better about what and why we eat.

I havent told very many people either.  I havent decided how I want to treat that.  I have told my mom, my hair dresser (LOL) and my physical therapist but only one close friend.

I would love to hear how you are dealing with some of these things....

Thank you for responding and I hope we can keep in touch as things approach and after to see how things are going.

Stacey 

rengirl1978
on 12/2/13 11:27 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Ooops, nevermind! I see that you are having Dr. Snyder!

rubens42
on 1/9/14 6:54 am - Parker , CO

So how are you doing with the sleeve? Are you having any weightloss yet?

staceyp1105
on 1/9/14 9:24 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13
I am doing well.  Just had my 3 week post op today.  Just got cleared for soft foods...SO excited.   I have been fortunate to handle all food and drink well but after 2 weeks on a select diet of about 5 foods after 2 weeks of liquids I am ready to try new foods   I am down about 27lbs.  Started a little bit of exercise this past week but taking it slow as I have one incision docs office is watching.   Freezing all the time...   Looks like you are re-connecting...I would say congrats on maintaining your weight loss for 6 years within 15 lbs or so.  Even though the slight gain might be troublesome or frustrating to you I suspect you have kept off a large majority of your loss.   not to mention trying to reverse the slight gain while it's still manageable.   best of luck and keep in touch          
carlak
on 1/9/14 10:28 am - Bradenton, FL

I am one of Dr Tillquist pts. I had RNY in 2002. I have taken off 150 pounds and not had a regain. Got to love him!!!!!

Carla Klein

image hosting site

staceyp1105
on 1/9/14 10:50 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Awesome

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/14 10:25 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Sorry I didn't respond sooner - just found the CO forum.  I had my sleeve done 1/27/14, already down 25 pounds (including pre-op).  I have been extraordinarily blessed thus far - no nausea, no pain meds needed, no adverse reactions at all, except discovered that no egg whites  make me feel very ill !  Last couple of days have felt a bit under the weather, and just started soft foods a couple of days ago, so not sure if that has something to do with it.

Hope to get to know everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4615 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5620 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5861 views