2 year post-op complications

Christine B.
on 10/24/07 4:45 am - Stratford, CT
I had my RNY back in 2005. This surgery saved my life and made it possible for me to live. I am so frustrated though and I need to vent just a bit. I have had so many complications and they seem to keep coming even after 2 1/2 years. At first it was colitis- then it was constant abdominal pain- next came my gall bladder and it's removal- then a fat necrosis was removed from  my belly. Just when I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel I was told I have a hernia. I am now just about 9 months pregnant and now I am told that I am "loaded with scar tissue." I am having a c-section in 12 days and now I must have a general surgeon present to repair the hernia and try to go in and try to remove the extra scar tissue. I spent all weekend up at Yale- went through numerous tests and pain medications- I just want to know- what else can possibly go wrong? How many other complications can I actually have at this point? I have always been so thankful for my surgeon and his staff. However, now that I need my reports sent to my new surgeon I can't get anyone from his office to return my phone calls and I find this to be very disturbing. I am having such a crappy day! Usually I am very happy and a very positive person- I guess we all have off days when it just feels better to vent   Thanks for listening to my ramble- I needed to let it all out!!
hellypeggy
on 10/24/07 6:08 am - Norwalk, CT

Hi Christine - I can't help with the complications as I haven't even had my surgery yet but I can let you know why it is taking Dr. Floch's office so long to get back to you.  Dr. Neil is in the hospital and they are all running a bit crazy over there.  I know because I was calling leaving messages not getting anyone etc for the past week and just talked to them and that was what I was told.   I know it isn't much help but I hope that let's you know they aren't failing you - just dealing with a lot on their end!

Heather

Christine B.
on 10/24/07 7:34 am - Stratford, CT
I uderstand that his office gets very busy. However, this is a time sensitive matter that will have a major effect on my well-being as well as my daughters.  I hope the Dr. is doing better ( not sure what you meant when you stated that he was in the hospital...)  I am a loyal patient of his and I only wish him the best.  I too was in the hospital so I can empathize....thanks for the info.
Tammy M
on 10/25/07 3:00 am - Somers, CT
I'm so sorry you have to endure so many complications - it just doesn't seem fair! If someone at that office doesn't respond to you - a nine-month pregnant woman - I would go and park my big pregnant belly in that office and leave with what I need - How dare they - I don't care if every doctor in the office is in the hospital!! Can you have your doctors office call them - sometimes that can be more effective (for some reason).....

Hope all goes with for you in the c-section and hernia/scar removal surgery - you certainly deserve a smooth journey especially after all you've been through!

Enjoy that new little bundle!
Warm Regards - Tammy -
Lilypie - (dOEW)preview image

hellypeggy
on 10/25/07 7:36 am - Norwalk, CT

I'm sorry - I didn't want it to sound like I was making excuses for the office.  I wanted to fill you in on what was going on there so that you would know to keep pushing, because it seems that answering the phone calls and requests is really slipping behind.  I would call - push 0 and insist on talking to someone that will understand how urgent this is.   I also agree with Tammy, see if you can get your doctor to call and if not - it may be worth it to go to the office if you can. 

I hope today has been a little better!

Heather

Skymom
on 11/6/07 9:39 pm
I've had problems like that with the office in the past also. I love Dr. Erlich and I had a great experience with him but that office needs some help. They lost my blood tests twice and didn't tell me until the day before my surgery. Then they wanted me to track them down!
Most Active
Recent Topics