MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

LSMITH
on 10/25/10 3:10 am - NORWALK, CT
HI THERE HOW ARE YOU? DO THIS DR DO THE BYPASS SURGERY, I'M ALSO LOOKING TO HAVE A REVISION DONE, MY PRIMARY DR'S ARE RECOMMENDING IT TO ME BECAUSE OF MY PRESENT  WEIGHT GAIN THAKS FOR YOU INPUT.
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/10 3:21 am - Bridgeport, CT
Yes he is the head surgeon. He did my revision and he is good...good luck!
vocalsbyjoanna
on 8/13/13 3:19 am - CT

Hi

I wanted to thank everyone for posting all the information  regarding The Sleeve and their personal  Stories and Quests

for a new life,,,,, I am a Medicaid  Pt and  Dr Papasavas and the Hartford Healthcare medical Group  happy to say

does take Medicaid!! YaY  My Journey has just begun and yes you do have to jump through a lot of  Hoops but

you have to show that  you are willing to work for this life changing experience -- I  have to go to 6 months of Nutrition

classes over a 6 month Period -- there are Cardiologist/Pulminary Drs - Endoscopy Dr -- Colonoscopy Scheduled/ Sleep

study Scheduled -- Blood work - Mamagram -- and a visit to my Primary -- yes there are a lot of hoops but totally worth the Journey --- it will take 6 months and then another month after approval -- so dont think is just a few months because its not but this Group is EXCELLENT!  Call the Weight Loss Surgical Center -- they have office all over -- Glastonbury -- Hartford - South Windsor - Enfield - IIm sure a lot of other towns as well -- go to the Seminar and learn about what your interested in -- Dr P and his staff are the best!!

This Journey started in July 2013  and will end up in a Surgery Date of most likely February 2013 or March 2013.  Good Luck to Everyone!!        

LOUSANNA
on 8/13/10 3:41 am - CT
 Dr. duffy
Yale New Haven Hospital 203-764-9069
accepts  both  of the
Angela R.
on 8/19/10 9:07 am - Jewett City, CT
It his the same as being on state asst. and having huskey or is medicaid different?
Angela 
Revision Surgery from Lapband to Gastric Bypass... 1/3/11
Start 290 / Now 208/oal 180 (Doctor set goal)

thepheonix
on 7/26/11 3:50 am - CT
I'm waiting for medicaid to approve my surgery for September.  But my doctors office is confident that it will be.

Dr  Shady Macaron
                          687 Straights Turnpike
                          Middlebury, CT

203-598-0235

My surgery will be done at St. Mary's hospital in Waterbury

jaranow
on 10/2/11 7:30 am - Middletown, CT
Hi- hope your surgery does happen. However, I am unaware of Waterbury hospital having been recognized as a center of excellence. Only certified COE programs are acceptable to Medicare.
If things dont work out, give my office a call and we can try to expedite surgery for you at Middlesex.

Best of Luck,
Jonathan Aranow, MD
860-347-9167
thepheonix
on 10/2/11 10:16 am - CT
My surgery was approved for Oct 11th, 2011.  Dr. Macaron does his procedures at St. Mary's

jaranow
on 10/2/11 11:37 pm - Middletown, CT
Thats good to hear but please be aware that Medicare does not give preapproval so I'm not sure what is meant by "approved". It may mean that the program has approved you. I am concerned that medicare could deny payment after the procedure if the surgeon and hospital are COE's.

My recommendation is to air this specific question with your surgeons office and find out what their policy is if there is a medicare denial after the fact.

I hope I'm not getting you too anxious in what is probably an already stressful (but hopefully exciting) time-- but I see these situations occur.

Best of luck to you!
jkaether1974
on 2/24/14 3:45 am

Dr Aranow

I was reading your post about husky (medicaid) insurance and your knowledge of coverage. I had a roux en y done with Dr Crum in 2005 and after I has it done I got divorced and had 2 more children back to back. Needless to say I am back in thesaurus boat I was before I had the surgery done and can't lost the baby weight despite numerous efforts. I am looking to have a revision done as I am currently having all the medical issues I has with my previous obesity including very bad sleep apnea and shortness of breath. I would like to get a revision done an am having trouble finding someone to do it that will take the husky insurance. Can you please help - I really want my life back. 

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics