New meetup group started by lap bander with upcoming clothing swap

kimberlina180
on 3/25/12 9:14 am
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
We started an activity group for people of all shapes and sizes in the DC, MD, VA area.  I would like to have other bariatric surgery patients as members :)

http://www.meetup.com/dc-all-shapes-sizes/

Upcoming activities include a clothing swap, free yoga class, international pillow fight day, evening of jazz, brunch, krav maga intro lesson, dinner, a trip to the beaches of North Carolina for hang gliding etc. 

Welcome to the Washington DC, MD, and VA Kick A.S.S. Group where we welcome and host activities for men and women of All Shapes, Sizes (A.S.S.)! If you are averaged size or you’ve ever felt self-conscious about being the biggest girl or smallest guy (or vice versa) at an event or if you don’t think you can do something because of your weight this group will show you that you can! Whether you are secure at your current weight or looking to gain or lose weight this group is for you.

This group will plan the standard fare events like dinners, brunches, movies, clothing swaps, potluck parties, wine tastings, and museum-outings as well as more adventurous events that may challenge you in new ways, like zip lining, zumba, kickball, climbing a rock wall, taking dance classes etc. If you haven’t done those activities before the best way to start is with other newbies like us! And if you’re afraid that you might fail at an activity don’t worry we’ll all make an A.S.S. out of ourselves together. The weather is starting to get nice! Once it warms up we will have a beginner outdoor series that will include easy hikes, walks, bike rides, and camping. We’ll take it at a slow pace suitable for everyone and take breaks as needed. Love to travel? Get ready to pack your bags for the beach, weekend road-trips, and maybe Greece this year.

http://www.meetup.com/dc-all-shapes-sizes/

lidia6321
on 4/19/14 2:33 am

I need to get out of the house and this group sounds like just what I need. Please call me at 301 219-8576 Lidia for the next outing. Thanks.

Most Active