BACK HOME

Rosa
on 1/26/06 5:48 am - Milton, DE
Hi everybody. Just wanted to let you know I am home safe and sound. Feel awful, but hanging in there. Thanks for all your concerns! Rosa
Joni R.
on 1/26/06 5:57 am - Elkton, MD, DE
Welcome home Rosa, and welcome to the losers' lounge!!!! I know you're feeling a little rough right now, but make sure you get plenty of fluids and you walk every hour. I started with 5 minutes of walking every hour, and increased from there as I gained strength. When it was cold I just paced back and forth in my living room, something, anything to keep moving. That'll help with digestion, gas, and the fluids you've retained from all of the IV's. Make sure you make the transition to pureed foods when it is time, that's an important step to help prevent the stoma from closing. If you need anything please don't hesitate to call. Also, Jenn and I will be in Rehoboth on Saturday. I wouldn't presume to try to visit, but if you need anything this weekend, Jenn and I can surely help, just let us know. Joni
one twenty five sixty to
go

on 1/26/06 6:11 am - Wilmington, DE
Hi Rosa, Do not despair because it will get better. Glad you made it through the surgery and had no problems. Just remember to walk,sip, and breathe. I know it's hard in the beginning but gradually things will get better. Also make sure you work hard to get in your protein because it helps to heal the pouch. Take care and see you on the losers bench! Prycey Lady AKA Carol Pryce RNY 2/2/05 373/236/where it stops nobody knows
SharonP.
on 1/26/06 8:52 am - Elkton, MD
Hi Rosa, Cant offer much advice yet but, just wanted to say I sure hope your going to be up and at it in no time. Am glad your through the scariest part (I think). Looks like your gonna be shoppin soon!!!! How fun!!! Hoping to be where you are one day! Sharon
Christie F.
on 1/26/06 10:47 am - Wilmington, DE
Welcome home Rosa, and welcome to the losing side. Things will get better as the others have stated. Remember this is what you have been waiting for. Keep in mind that we are here for you. Christie
DLMoore
on 1/26/06 9:57 pm - Wilmington, DE
Welcome back Rosa! It will definately get better for you fairly quickly. I had mine in the summer when it was stinkin hot and I got hubby to drive me over to the mall so I could walk around with him. Don't fret if your shoulders or neck hurt. That's gas. I found that, for me, doing things that made me bend a little helped with that (loading dishwasher, etc.). Walk, sip, breathe. Take your pain meds before the pain gets bad. I didn't need mine by the 3rd day home, only at night to help me sleep. Oh almost forgot, if you're using the liquid tylenol w/codene, it might give you hot flashes/raise your temperature a little. Hubby rushed me to the ER with HOT FLASHES. I was so embarrassed! By the time I saw a doctor, the flash was gone, luckily, I had another and the nurse saw it and realized what it was. LOL
Hambear
on 1/26/06 10:22 pm - Millsboro, DE
Rosa, Glad all went well. Things will get better faster then you realize right now. Please call if you need anything or just want to talk. Welcome to the losing side. Soon there will be room for one more !!!! See you lighter. Joanne
funnygirl
on 1/27/06 2:24 am - Clayton, DE
Wow Rosa...Glad you did well...hopefully soon I will be there with you on the loosing side and you can pep me up. Pretty soon it will just be a memory. Look forward to chatting soon. Kathy
Elissa H
on 1/27/06 6:28 am - Wilmington, DE
Rosa. Way to go girl. Keep walking, sipping and breathing. And for gosh sakes eat slowly. Was it as bad as you thought it would be? Hope not. You're gonna be tender in the belly for a few days. Try to take it easy. If you have any questions, just ask away. ((HUGS)) Elissa
Most Active