Butt boils - Caution GROSS post

LindyLoo
on 12/14/07 1:22 pm - Upstate, SC
LOL, I'm surely not MOST people! Not a thing likely to come up in casual conversation, is it?!
Hi, how are you, have you ever had a boil on your a$$?

Good idea about the culture!

I'm going...I'm going!

Thanks!

Lindy
 sw 286/  cw 180ish  BMI 28
Thank God for the DS! It saved my life, literally & figuratively! 

Bissynut
on 12/14/07 10:54 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Lindy, I'd go to a doc and ask for a nasal swab to rule out MRSA. This is the ONLY way to be tested. This sounds JUST EXACTLY like what my friend has. 30% of Americans have it but 20% have no idea. See the doc, they can give you both body wash to use and the spray antibiotics to help you. Cheers- Elizabeth
SW~268
CW~175
GW~135
  93 pounds gone forever!
DS with Dr Marchesini 1/18/07 in Curitiba, Brazil
Revision from VBG    
LindyLoo
on 12/14/07 1:24 pm - Upstate, SC
VERY good point. A culture AND nasal swab.
I'm taking notes, here.
You guys are the best!

Lindy

ShersJourney
on 12/14/07 10:58 am
Look into a condition called Hidradenitis... I get these cysts in the axillary area as well as inner thigh, mons, and sometimes butt - the axillary is by far the most common - and I actually had to have one that was recurring and channeling surgically removed.  Knock on wood... for about 6 months now I've used an anti-microbial soap called Phisohex - available by prescription only (although you can get Hibiclens OTC and it's similar) and it's helped ENORMOUSLY. I believe the sebum inside of the cysts is staph but it's important to note that it's not caused by poor hygiene or obesity (though losing weight helps with flare ups so they say).  Sometimes they get so bad they require surgery, but I've also had one relieved by hypodermic needle in-office (and the fluid was analyzed to make sure it wasn't cancerous) - but you shouldn't be embarassed ever - you don't want to allow these to go unmanaged... I had one on my neck that got so big and out of control it had channeled across my neck - by the time I had surgery for it, it was approximately 8" across and an inch high - they hesitated to remove it because the area it was in is obviously not one that heals well and limits range of motion.  If I'd gotten it taken care of when it first presented it was no bigger around than a quarter :-\. Good Luck & Happy Holidays! Sherry
LindyLoo
on 12/14/07 1:26 pm - Upstate, SC
Wowza, Sherry...thanks for the info!
I'm one of those to put things off... you just gave me concrete reasons not to!

Much appreciated!

Lindy

Lucy B.
on 12/14/07 2:59 pm
OH I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE GOING THRU THIS!!N  I HAVE BEN DIAGNOSED WITH HYDRADENITIS SUPPORTIVA I HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER 30 YEARS OR MORE... JUST DIAGNOSED IN THE LAST TEN YEARS.... SOUNDS LIKE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT...I MAINLY GET MINE UNDER MY BREAST OR MY ARM PITS...I ALWAYS HAVE THEM IN MY ARMPITS I REALLY DONT REMEMBER A TIME WHEN THEY WERE GONE.. WHEN I HAVE HAD MINE LANCED THEY HAVE NEVER HAD STAPH IN THEM... BUT I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WHO DO..YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR.. I AM ON DISABILTY BECOUSE OF MY HS.... IT IS HORRABLE.... SEE  MY  SIGNUTARE  LINE,, I HOPE YOU GET SOME RELIFE SOON.... LUCY

LindyLoo
on 12/14/07 3:06 pm - Upstate, SC
Lucy,
I am so sorry for your condition!

I did google this...and found pics at Hopkins. Guess what? Years ago I used to get gaping ones like that on my breast. Then it just stopped. They were always smallish, thank God.
Some of the pics on that site made me want to just weep for the patients!
Well, whether it's just a boil...or HS, I'm DEFINITELY off to the Dr in the am.

Lindy

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views