Who benefited from DSers posting on other forums?

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/07 10:41 am - San Jose, CA

This is HARDLY intended to be self promoting, and it surely isn't about me (after all, I've only been back a few weeks), but rather as a rebuttal (not that I need to, but I'm having a lazy relaxing Saturday night on the 'puter and thought it would be fun to see) to a nasty comment on the RNY forum.

So, please check in here if you learned about the DS, or read something that intrigued you enough to come over here, from a post by one of us DSers on the main, RNY or a state forum (or even the Sex forum!).  Are our efforts to Pay it Forward bearing fruit? I know i've received lots of emails, PMs and read LOTS of kudos to the many DSers who do this, but let's see a roll-call of people who are grateful for those of us who do this!  (And yes, it will out you as being someone like me who doesn't have anything better to do on a Saturday night of New Year's weekend ...)

Renee2007
on 12/29/07 10:50 am - Central, FL
 Well count me as one. I started out on the RNY board as a lurker. I saw a post from Lola that got my attention. I then read her profile and started lurking on the DS Board. It didn't take me long to realize this was where I belonged.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/07 12:58 am
 I LOVE hearing that I was able to help someone this way!  It makes all the hateful 'go away' posts worth while.   For me it was a post by Diana (I think)... that drew me away from the main board to the DS board.  Had my insurance been approved at my first request, I would have got the RNY never known about the DS until it was too late.  That's why I want to make sure that the pre-ops know ALL their options are.
Lucy B.
on 7/15/09 7:40 am

Well Lola You Defiantly got me!

I remember when I first started coming on OH you were one of the first people to impress me! I had not heard of the DS my sister had a RNY about 5 yrs before and it worked for her but really scared me and I keep putting off surgery because I knew there had to be something else out there to better fit my lifestyle. 

I really can't remember if I was lurking on the main board or in the DS forum for sure but I know that you were the one that made me start looking at the DS and I am so grateful for that. I have lost a total of 205lbs so far from 370 to 165 and I am feeling great ! Thank you so much Lola !

The DS has gave me my life back! 

Lucy

PattyL
on 12/29/07 10:54 am
We all benefit. One of the things I am truly proud of is *MY* small group of DSers.
Sean_B
on 12/29/07 10:55 am - Schenectady, NY
ooh, ooh... me! I made a post on the NY board (and possibly the main board too)... I researched procedures before I came here to OH and knew the DS looked better to me.... but none of my local surgeons did it, I'd have to take the 3-4 hour drive to NYC, which I was apprehensive about, being that far away post-op should a complication arise.... I was about to "settle" for a local RNY, and Scottie posted for me to come over here... he's just a little over an hour away from me, and he also went into NYC (same group, different doc) for his DS... then once I came over here, I made a couple posts and got all sorts of input from people who traveled a few hours or more for their DS and that put me at ease.

Pre: 324 Now: 185-190 http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v362/171/99/1251208761/n1251208761_30154298_7588.jpg

Lori Black
on 12/29/07 10:58 am, edited 12/29/07 10:59 am - , IN
I credit my being here and my having the DS to three people...... LeaAnn Stefanie P Babycatcher I posted something on the main board about RNY vs. VSG, and they came to let me know about the DS....I've said it before and I'll say it again............I'M SOOOO GRATEFUL TO YOU GIRLS!!!!!!!  You're the reason I want to pay it forward to others!!!!  Thank you all a million times over!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and, no I don't have anything better to do on Saturday night!  My kids are in bed, hubby is at work, and I've got nowhere to go even if I wanted to!  Lol!!!
willfeelsogood
on 12/29/07 11:03 am
I was on the main board..Angie posted something that got me to check out the DS board....I had read the "stinky people" crap & had dismised the DS, until I came to this board because of Angie's post...now I am waiting for approval & have a consult on the 14th! NO WAY would I have ANY other surgery but the DS.  Thanks guys for "paying it forward!"
KRWaters
on 12/29/07 11:08 am - Manteca, CA
I definitely needed that info as I was considering having a lapband over my failed RnY and I saw a post somewhere, but I don't remember where. I do remember hearing from LeaAnn, Jeannie, BC, and Red, of course, and others when I first came to this board. I was amazed, transfixed, mesmerized by the info about the DS and haven't looked back. My only regret is that I didn't find out about the DS back in '03 through '05 when I first started researching WLS and I settled on the RnY much to my dismay and dismal progress.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

LeaAnn
on 12/29/07 11:12 am, edited 12/30/07 1:53 am - Huntsville, AL
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views