acid poop

yorkieGal
on 2/14/08 8:47 am - Clermont, FL
Hi Guys, sorry this is a bit gross (but I know I'm among friends), but what to do ? I'm 3 weeks post op and every time I poop it feels like I'm passing acid,  tushy really stings. Should I add some benefibre or something like that or am I too early post op? will it eventually pass or should I take action? any idea for a girlie with a veru sore tushie!!! Yorkiegal
Mary_J
on 2/14/08 8:49 am
I had the same problem - I don't really know what to do to stop it, but mine did go away about 4 weeks out.  It's probably something you're eating that contributes, but it's hard to pinpoint it this early (or it was for me).

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

divagoddess
on 2/14/08 8:55 am - Dayton, OH
I don't know what to tell you about why.... BUT use those flushable wipes. They help when you have a sore tushy. Or get some tucks pads. Those always helped pre-op when I had a sore tushy hole. I had loose poo for about 2 weeks. I notice when I eat less animal protein I have looser poo. Like today I have only had my protein from nuts. So I will have to up the animal stuff or I will have diareah tomorrow.
                             ~Brandy~                          
                            HW- 333 SW-306 CW- 144 GW-150     

kiridoc
on 2/14/08 9:08 am - Indianapolis, IN
Use diaper rash ointment too (don't use vaseline, it only keeps the acid stuff next to the skin.  It doesn't neutralize the pH like daiper rash stuff does).

Kirsten                                      HW/298; SW/295; GW/150

Proud Angel to LDZ!!  Go Leslie! 
kirstencard.jpg picture by leaannjohnson

Valerie G.
on 2/14/08 11:06 am - "The OG", OH
It will pass very soon.  I second the recommendation of wet-wipes

Valerie
 8 years post op DS - so darned healthy my life insurance gave me a partial refund on my premium!
There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..next to the mashed potatoes

Guate Wife
on 2/14/08 11:31 am - Grand Rapids, MI
DS on 12/13/07 with
Had the same issue.  I second the recommendation on Tucks (witch hazel is what I liked).  First time I ever used them, but they 'comforted'.  Don't buy the super large size, this won't last long!

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

magicbluefairy
on 2/14/08 11:47 am - Canada
VSG on 01/23/11 with
I would suspect baby wipes would also work too - and are maybe cheaper than some of the other ideas mentioned (all great, even though I have no idea what a Tucks pad is). Baby wipes are not flushable, but they are designed especially for wiping poop. Baby poop, but poop nonetheless! Good Luck... hope it passes soon....

"How much better for me if I had been accepted for what I was and had learned to accept myself."
                                             ~Margaret Atwood

I have a severe and persistant mental illness. It interferes with my ability to properly interact with people. If I say something which offends you or you feel is inappropriate, please PM me.

SandrainOnt
on 2/14/08 3:51 pm - Canada
The diaper rash idea is great.  I used and still do if need be Sudocreme.   It's fantastic! Sorry about the acidic pooperoos...I remember them and owie!  Try adding a few crackers/ wh wheat if  you can.  Can  you tolerate a bit of Popcorn? I know you are very early out..it will get better.   Huggs

">
    Bless my DS!  Ask me why I love it so much!
    Huggs to all of my Angelettes.

Jackie D.
on 2/14/08 4:15 pm - Hudsonville, MI
DS on 04/19/06 with
I have this too if I'm not eating enough.  It kind of makes sense when you have it more at first when you aren't eating much.  It will pass just concentrate on eating what your surgeon recommends.  Lots of warm bathes help too.

AmazonBelle
on 2/14/08 4:32 pm - South, GA

Toasted bread for breakfast fixed my butt burning problems.  I particularly like Wheat & Fiber bread put out by Flowers Bakery.  (Thanks again, LeaAnn.)

Cheryl V.  5'11" tall!

walter A.
on 2/14/08 6:46 pm - lafayette, NJ
DS on 11/12/10 with
keep up with sanitation, gold bond cream, hemorrhoid ointments all help, and I take 40mg of prilosec daily to control the acid, the acid can cause hemorrhoids, and prilosec off label use is to cure hemis and laryngitis
Annie2
on 2/14/08 8:16 pm
I get this when I am not eating enough fiber and am eating allot of acidic foods (beef and pork).  One dose of benefiber in my water a day stops it for me.
Annie
SW/GW/CW 
251/150/131
High Blood Pressure, Sleep Apena, and Pre-Diabities gone!  I love my DS!!