Why are my knees hurting. REALLY hurting?

Emilie J.
on 9/28/09 6:56 am
My knees have been hurting probably for the last month.

The only joint pain I had preop was lower back pain when I was standing/walking to long.

But now I have knee pain, and it can be pretty bad at times. Sometimes it goes away completely.

Jackie, the Nurse @ Dr. Hares said it is weight shifting, but it just doesn't seem it would cause this much pain, and why doesn't my back hurt? Anyone else have knee pain very soon post op?
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
CAJUNMAN3366
on 9/28/09 7:01 am - Breaux Bridge, LA
 i am 6 weeks out and my knees hurt...went to my doctor and checked 1 month bloodwork he put me on meds for gout dueto high protein diet pain is gone~!

First annual DS cruise is in the books.  Dark Side Cruise Redux: July 15,2012.
Check us out on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/home.php
Emilie J.
on 9/28/09 7:03 am
Really?? That is really interesting, what a surprise that must have been!! I will have to look into that.
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
supergirl3
on 9/28/09 7:54 am - Canada
I only had pain in my lower back, and now I have it in my hips when I walk.  Someone else has told me that it's my skeleton shifting back into place after such a big weight loss and that I need to strengthen my muscles. 

SUPERGIRL
Start weight - 287
Lowest - 123
Current - 130's
Height 5'7"

SambucaRomana
on 9/28/09 3:57 pm - MD
 My bone/joint doc recommends Glucosamine Chondroitin; it's over the counter.  The WalMart pharmacist recommends Spring Valley brand. I take three a day of the two a day formula; I buy the double pack of 170 count Triple Strength.  Buying it this way is ten bucks cheaper than buying two of them separately; I use three a day, and the forty bucks comes to $10 a month, for four months.  

PROTEIN I LIKE:  4Ever Fit Fruit Blast the Isolate Green Apple,                            IDS Multi Pro Banana
(IDS mixed with Carnation Instant Breakfast No Sugar Added Rich Milk Chocolate)

Pre-Op 3X tops, 28 bottoms, 9.5/10 M Shoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 358 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views