Iron, Ferrous Sulfate, Carbonyl Iron & Multigen

vitalady
on 10/17/09 10:43 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Well, just for your amusement, I ran labs coupla weeks ago. Everything nutrition is just beautiful. Some of the medical stuff is..... odd. I send them to 5 docs.

I got a letter from my other surgeon (Dr. Oh), form letter, says to come in for follow up on labs visit. This is the first time they've asked me! I mean, yeah I did my routine follow ups back in the early days, but in the course of what I do, I see the docs, and they always get the labs. Dr Oh usually just asks what I already did if he sees me, but otherwise, no comment.

And I'm to see the PA (I've never met). To discuss my labs.

OK, so anyone want to come with me and see if I can practice what I preach? (nod 'n smile) I'm kinda wondering how I'll handle it, but I can't wait to do this. LOL

Since this is a form, I'm guessing she has NO idea who/what I am, so I'm sorta chomping at the bit.

But yeah, it's funny how they jumped on your ferritin, even with your other levels all pretty. Some docs dont' act on single digit ferritin.

Said nothing about your D? I guess WNL is what matters, huh?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Kerry J.
on 10/17/09 11:10 am - Santa Clara, UT
That visit should be good for a few laughs later on; I would love to be a fly on the wall!

I was kinda surprised Dana didn't say anything about my D going down, so I brought it up and told her what I was doing ie; taking 100K IUs a day to which she said she didn't think I needed to be that drastic and that I could back off to adding the extra 50k of D two or three times a week. I just nodded my head and I'll keep taking the 100k a day until I see what the next set of labs say.

Kerry
vitalady
on 10/17/09 12:12 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
One of the things they always say is to back off the B12, just about the time we get it to optimal. That'll be the hardest. Maybe I'll offer the study, once, gently.

No point in even discussing B1/B6. Nod 'n smile. I've already adjusted.

Always remember (and I suspect any medical ppl will be nodding here): they are taught that there is far more danger of toxicity (tho no one can define what that means) than deficiency.

There isn't much on toxicity in my books, but there are signs of "too much", tho too much isn't necessarily POISON.

Sadly in our world Deficiency IS the expected outcome, but prevention there of is not really how they were trained. It's not happened til it happens, you know?

I met with a family this morning whose man had had cancer surgery, which, in essence, left him an RNY of sorts. He's lost about 200# since March. The docs in his case do not grasp the malabsorption, nor did the RD they saw. This man is quite ill and I'll have to get past the very protective dtr (without any degree after my name) to be able to reach him. HIs sister contacted me and I'm still not sure how she found me.

I am far more afraid of malnutrition--it kills. If a vites levels climbs, you stop taking it. That's not hard. Once you're far enough into malnutrition, there IS NO COMING BACK.

So, you can see my slant on things, right? Deficiency is real. Toxicity is more of a fear than a reality in our world, and even in the world of normies, it's still not defined.

Did that make sense or am I just over wound tonight? LOL

OK, when am I not over wound? There, I covered it.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Kerry J.
on 10/17/09 12:36 pm - Santa Clara, UT
It makes sense to me Michelle; I listen to everything I can hear and then do what I think is best. I'm going to continue taking the Tender Iron with the C & CU as well as the Multigen only at different times and I'll see what my labs look like in two months.

Kerry
vitalady
on 10/18/09 9:36 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Sooooooooooo, does this mean my fuzzy pink Crocs are in no danger of a stealth attack from you?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Kerry J.
on 10/18/09 9:39 am - Santa Clara, UT
Well that would depend on what size you wear.......

Pink Crocs of the correct size would be a bit of a temptation....

Kerry
vitalady
on 10/18/09 9:45 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
7w? Maybe you could get a big toe in 'em?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Kerry J.
on 10/18/09 12:02 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Yea, a 7w would be a bit tight for my 10-D feet; oh well, I guess I can wait to find my own Crocs.

Kerry
vitalady
on 10/18/09 12:05 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Don't get me started. I can convert anyone into a Crocholic if I can just get their foot into a non-ugly one just one time. LOL

UT, you say? I can do that next summer.

Bring feet.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Kerry J.
on 10/18/09 12:19 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Southwest Utah; think Vegas Baby...I'm 110 miles from Las Vegas NV.

Kerry
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 246 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 732 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views