18 Month Update with some skin........

Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 1:06 am - Santa Clara, UT
I completely forgot yesterday was my 18 months out surgiversary until Supergirl posted hers and since we're switch Bro & Sis, it reminded me. So here's my 18 month update:

Things are pretty much stable and normal, nothing much exciting or different happening, I have no food issues; which is a bit troubling because I worry a bit about regain. I don't even get gas or runny poops when I eat white flour. Oh course I never eat a whole lot of it, so maybe if I really go hog wild with it I would have some issues, but just normal eating doesn't cause anything out of the ordinary.

About the only change from 6 months ago is that I'm a lot stronger now. So to commemorate, I took my camera to my work out and had Christie snap a few pictures while I was lifting. We were doing a strength only program where you do 12 reps of the weight you normally do 15 reps with, then rest for 1 minute, add 5 or 10 pounds and do 10 reps, rest 1 minute, add 5 - 10 pounds do 8 reps, rest 1 minute, add 5-10 pounds do 6 reps, rest 1 minute then do 12 reps of the middle weight or weight you did 8-10 reps with. Then you do one "bonus" lift of 12 reps that's a different lift but uses the same muscle group. Rest 1 minute then go to the next lift & muscle group. I was working on all upper body; chest, shoulders & arms and they are dead today. This is a really tough work out; your muscles are just exhausted.

Anyway, here's a few pictures; as you can see, I'm dressed in the appropriate green color for the day LOL:

That's it, I really can't think of much else to say except....

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!!!!!!!
Kerry
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/10 1:10 am
w00h000! Look at those strong arms!

You are doing FABBO!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 1:18 am - Santa Clara, UT
Why thank you ..
kirmy
on 3/18/10 1:12 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'd adding sound effects......hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh! CLUNK.

Looking good Master Kerry!   Punnishing weight regiume that trainer has you on.   Mean buggers aren't they?

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 1:17 am - Santa Clara, UT
Yep it's a tough work out, but I love it, I never miss if I can get there. Who a thunk it 18 onths ago; certainly not me.

It won't be long now until you can start doing this too..... are you up for it?

Kerry
kirmy
on 3/18/10 1:33 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'm all over it!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
jewel506
on 3/18/10 1:20 am - Houston, TX

You look great, Kerry!!  Really strong and fit.  

Glad you're feeling good, too!

Very inspirational - thanks for posting!!

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 3:09 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Julie, it feels fantastic!
LaShelle2
on 3/18/10 1:27 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Those weights are styrofoam right???      Just kidding.

I think about you every time I pass a Burger King.    I will never forget that surgery war post!   You're lookin good Kerry. Way to go!!!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 3:12 am - Santa Clara, UT
LOL!!! Oh yea, the Burger King thread; what a riot that was.....

Sheesh I sure hope those aren't styrofoam; they were HEAVY!!!! I about had to have Christie tie my hands to the steering wheel so I could drive home when I finished up; I was pooped!

Kerry
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 41 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 41 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 618 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 227 views