Need advice. How to keep rice cakes fresh after opening??

beemerbeeper
on 9/12/10 11:53 pm - AL
Nothing I've tried works. Lately I tried leaving the unused ones in the sleeve, putting the sleeve in a ziplock, putting the ziplock back in the original bag...

They are still stale.

I wind up using only 2 out of each sleeve. Grrrr.

Any advice?

Michelle H.
on 9/12/10 11:59 pm, edited 9/13/10 12:00 am - Canada
A tupperware container. They stay fresh for a long time.
Michelle
My is Debbie M.......I am to lo24 (Louisa)
RNY 338- 185.  Regain to SW260 CW 236 GW 150ish?

beemerbeeper
on 9/13/10 5:29 am - AL
I should have thought of that. But you would think that a ziplock would work as well as tupperware. I'm going to try tupperware next. Thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/10 12:22 am - Yorktown, VA
Blech!  Why are you eating cardboard.....er, I mean rice cakes?
beemerbeeper
on 9/13/10 5:32 am - AL
Apparently I am gluten sensitive now. I can't do anything with wheat flour in it. So I don't have so many options for bread or cracker type things. I like my rice cakes with peanut butter. The gluten free bread I've tried is so heavy and I don't enjoy it.

So the plain rice cakes are really just a peanut butter delivery system. And I like the small flavored ones as snacks.

levittown_loser
on 9/13/10 8:28 am - Levittown, PA

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

beemerbeeper
on 9/14/10 3:19 am - AL
Tom,
No, I'd never heard of them! WooHoo! I can't wait.

Renee2007
on 9/14/10 2:40 am - Central, FL
Becky, which gluten free bread have you tried? I haven't tried any yet but I'd like to and have no clue what to look for.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

beemerbeeper
on 9/14/10 3:17 am - AL
Oh dear, I can't tell you. I bought a loaf about 6 months ago and I still have 1/3 of it, but I took it out of the bag, wrapped the slices in wax paper and put in a ziplock.

But all the gluten free bread I've seen at the couple of health food stores I've been to seem the same. About the consistency of heavy pound cake. Not my cuppa tea.

I miss bread. I miss crackers. So I use both the regular rice cakes with peanut butter and I also splurge some carbs on the flavored small rice cake snacks. I just have to be careful because they make snacks that LOOK like rice cake snacks that are made with gluten. I have two boxes of yummy snacks that I can't eat. I should take them to the North Carolina DS dinner on Friday and give them away. I've got a huge tub of protein powder to give away as well.

Blank Out
on 9/13/10 2:00 am
 Fridge or freezer!  Freezer is best for crackers, chips and to keep things crisp.

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 101 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 651 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views