Tired of no poo! Do I give in and take a laxative?

DarcyMad
on 12/3/10 5:56 am - Cedar Park, TX
Ok...so I'm fed up with these little poo balls I'm getting after taking stool softeners and suppositories.  That can't possibly be ALL there is in there!  My surgeon did say I could take a laxative as a last ditch effort to go and I feel I'm there!  I'm getting in my fluids, eating good amounts of protein and fat and none of it seems to be working.

I'm only 2 weeks out and I don't want to hurt myself.  I don't think I would or my surgeon wouldn't recommend it.  I'm not in "bowel obstruction" pain so I don't think its that.  I'm just full of ****!  LOL

Any ideas on what kind of laxative to try?
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/10 6:13 am
Certainly.  Miralax over-the-counter works well and is non-addicting (just a non-absorbable sugar that pulls fluid into the bowel).  You can even take a few spoonfuls of olive oil (you can spice it up for taste) and see if that gets things moving.  I'd do that first before getting more creative with other meds. 
DarcyMad
on 12/3/10 6:16 am - Cedar Park, TX
Thanks Steve! 

i even cancelled a date to Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight because I feel so dang miserable!  You KNOW it can't be good if I'm not gonna go listen to them!  LOL

I'm definitely going to go get the Miralax...like NOW.
DarcyMad

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/10 6:29 am
DeronJay
on 12/3/10 6:33 am - Topeka, KS
I can't imagine that you would need to poop much at all if you just had surgery on 11/17/10!
Emily F.
on 12/3/10 6:43 am
Are you still on liquids? You probably wouldn't need to go that much.
DarcyMad
on 12/3/10 10:56 am - Cedar Park, TX
No.  I'm on soft foods and adding more each week.  I am eating cheese, meats, cottage cheese, heavy whipping cream with my shakes and in my scrambled eggs.  I do eat lots of cheese cuz I looove it and I can actually have it now that I'm switched!  LOL  Like I said, I have been eating plenty of protein and fat and I know I'm getting in my fluids.  I haven't even started the calcium...ugh....which I'm sure will add to it if I don't get it squared away.

I'm having a shake right now with Miralax in it...yum (NOT!) and made with a little water and a lot of heavy cream.  We'll see how it goes.
DarcyMad

Redhaired
on 12/4/10 12:32 pm - Mouseville, FL
Every morning my coffee is laced with miralax and benefiber (actually I prefer the CVS store brand fiber).  I get my miralax through the mail order pharmacy -- the prescription is written for polyethylene glycol 3350.  The pharmacist told me they cannot substitute the generic if the prescription is written for miralax.  Something about the FDA.

Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views