Dolphingirl1385 · 4 replies · 79 views
Medic Alert Bracelet - yes or no?
kddub · 3 replies · 91 views
Most Active

Carb count for movie theater popcorn?

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 10:36 am
DS on 10/19/09 with
I feel like a moron asking this, but my Google Fu has failed me. Does anyone happen to know approximately how many carbs are in a small movie theater popcorn? 

All the online nutrition info I've found lists fat and calories but not protein or carbs. If anyone happens to have this info or a reasonable estimate, I'd greatly appreciate it!
bookfaerie
on 12/12/10 10:40 am
 Apparently AMC has less carbs than Regal. Here's a list http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/movie-t heater-popcorn
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 10:48 am
DS on 10/19/09 with
Thanks. I did find that list, but I wasn't sure if any of those counts were reliable because there were wildly different listings for the same theater "brand" of popcorn. 
beemerbeeper
on 12/12/10 10:55 am - AL
DS on 09/30/09 with
Jenna,

Do what I did. Load that popcorn up with tons of butter and ENJOY it. I never counted popcorn as a carb!! I figured all that butter would just move it on thru! What movie are you going to see?

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 11:03 am
DS on 10/19/09 with
Hi Becky,

I think we're finally going to see Harry Potter!

I don't typically count carbs at all, but for 1 weekend every month I track every single thing I eat to make sure that all my protein and carb estimates are in the neighborhood of where they should be. It's like a spot check.

Unfortunately, this weekend is "spot check" time, so I'd like to have the most reasonable estimate possible. :-)

Jenna
beemerbeeper
on 12/12/10 11:15 am - AL
DS on 09/30/09 with
That is funny that you do a spot check. I've never seen anyone say they do that before, but I've done it a couple of times. I think that is a really good idea.

I especially was glad to see how much water I am getting.

Enjoy the movie! I'm snowed in until later in the week it looks. Winter is not my friend.

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 1:14 pm
DS on 10/19/09 with
Sorry to hear about the snow! It's pouring rain here and our car is making an insane screeching sound for some reason, so we're staying put after all.

Regarding the spot checking, it has worked very well for me. I'd drive myself nuts counting daily, but at the same time I need some sort of barometer to make sure my carb counts don't creep too high and my protein too low. Doing it one weekend out of the month seems like a good compromise (I choose the weekend because it's when my food tends to be least regimented!). 

Lucy B.
on 12/12/10 1:01 pm
LOL Becky

That was going to be my comment ... Add enough butter and it just dosen't matter what the  carbs are!! 

beemerbeeper
on 12/12/10 1:08 pm - AL
DS on 09/30/09 with
:

amccu18007
on 12/12/10 11:14 am - Newark, DE
DS on 07/26/10 with
Have fun! I still haven't made it out to see it yet. Let me know what you think.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Eileen_nc
on 12/12/10 11:33 am
Don't know about the carbs for movie theater popcorn...too many variables. But a small popcorn swimming in that yummy buttah with a touch of salt...munching on that with Harry Potter on the big screen.  Have them layer the butter: bottom, middle and top. Nom! Took me a few hours, but I ate the entire bag, carbs be damned. Good movie too, hope you like it!
Highest Weight: 323   Surgery Weight: 301  Current Weight: 138-145  Goal Weight: 150
                                   ~Goal on 12.20.10~  ~Total weight loss 185 lbs~
                            DS Sticky 
               for newbies and pre-ops-with informative links~click
here  
KimberlyHeidi
on 12/12/10 12:18 pm - VA
 When were you able to start eating popcorn? I went last week with my son and was salivating over it wish I could have had some! The movie is really good too, hope you have a good time! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 12:35 pm
DS on 10/19/09 with
I think I started eating popcorn at about 2 months out. Didn't do it sooner because I was a bit concerned about the kernels getting stuck in my newly made sleeve. 
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 1:01 pm
DS on 10/19/09 with
Well, we're having serious car trouble, so the movie is off!!

Going to try to go one night this week and I won't be tracking carbs then, so problem solved. 

KimberlyHeidi
on 12/12/10 2:03 pm - VA
 So sorry about the car trouble. Hope it gets fixed soon! 
Diane Davis
on 12/12/10 10:01 pm
Sorry Jenna, clueless about the movie theater popcorn thing, but this new Harry Potter movie......it's the best one yet, loved it!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/10 9:45 am - PA