Splenda = Hairloss?

Marion48
on 3/31/16 11:37 am

Hi Sheanie, I know it must be rare, but I started losing my hair by strands when I started using Splenda. True I went whole hog: Splenda candy, Splenda coke, Splenda tea. But lost handfuls of hair every time I washed my hair. It slowly stopped falling out when I stopped using Splenda, and took months before it slowly started coming back. But the tiniest bit of Splenda, and the loss starts over again.

And Spenda is in everything! Theraflu, cold products, gums, FUZE Raspberry Tea, Orville Redenbacher's Kettle Corn and other kettle corns, Panera's poppy seed dressing and maybe other dressings, and, I found out today, Nestle's Dark Chocolate drink mix that I used one of my husband's a couple of days ago and noticed my patch over my right forehead going bare again . . . .

You have to read every label. Splenda use to proudly display a little logo on the products, but now hides it in the ingredients. Usually near the very end: Sucralose, and even when sugar, HFCS, and other sweeteners are used.

Before you go out to an eatery, look up the ingredients online. The people at the counter will not be able to tell you. I tried to correspond with Panera's headquarters but they weren't interested. They do have a huge ingredients book you can ask for and go through at the counter.

I'm glad we are such a small group, but if it effected more people, maybe they would at least have to label it on the products agaiin. But as it is, the task falls to us. Not happy about starting the loss all over again from one packet of hot chocolate mix.  .  .  .

Tonya M.
on 1/4/11 12:22 pm, edited 1/4/11 12:24 pm - Grand Rapids, MI
Personally Splenda never caused hair loss for me (I used it before and after surgery)...Diabetes and thyroid issues did though.

Just a thought, but you may want to get your TSH level checked (if you haven't already)...

Tonya
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 256 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views