So has no one taken Integra Plus?

Elena22
on 2/23/11 12:36 am, edited 2/23/11 5:33 am
So today I had a consult with my pcp to talk about my upcoming surgery, in just 12 more days!!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!!! , oh but I digress.  And I ask her if she's heard of the Duodenal Switch procedure, and she hasn't.  She keeps calling it a gastric bypass during the interview.  So I pulled out some info that I've printed off the dsfacts.com website to give her and she promises to look it over when she has more time.  So I am very interested to see if my pcp will try to get up on her ds facts. I would be very impressed if she does.

Meanwhile She gave me a Rx for Integra plus b/c she knew that I was anemic before.  Just wondering if anyone else has ever taken it for iron.  It's a combined folic acid, iron, and B12 capsule.  I'm sure that it's something that won't be sufficient post op, but curious to see if others have had experiences with it post op.
~ Elena.

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/11 11:04 am
 Well, Elena it looks like no one has either taken or heard of the Integra plus. 
I know I've never hear of it.
From my own experience I stick with profferin forte. It's a heme iron and has worked like a charm for me. It's the Rx version of the profferin ES that you can buy on line. I told my PCP what I needed I didn't wait for him to prescribe something that won't work. He did the same as your PCP he too kept calling it a gastric bypass. I finally told him that he needed to learn more about the DS, and I have to say he is trying. But still most times I have to tell him what I have to do and take and why. That's when the light bulb goes on over his head.
Elena22
on 2/25/11 12:00 am
LOL! Thanks Inge, I hope the light bulb goes off for my pcp also.
~ Elena.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 246 views