Anyway to Cheat on CPAP Compliance Logs!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/11 8:12 am, edited 3/21/11 8:20 am - university park, IL
Wow what a bunch of judgemental.....

It always amazes me how people when given HALF a chance become the most judgemental pieces of work they can possibly be. Just show an inch of doubt or insecurity and people become the most smug, arrogant, mean spirited people imaginable.  For those of you *****sponded with positive and helpful advice...Thank you, for the rest of you REALLY??? REALLLY?????? YOU  either inferred a bunch of stuff that is NO WHERE mentioned in my post. In essence you assumed a bunch of stuff JUST TO BE able to form a negative opinion.

I feel sorry for you. Seriously. It really shows how YOU are used to being treated. Do onto others as they do onto you I suppose. For those of you that are some sort of CPAP propoganda pushers really? The stats are all over the place, but my doctor said something like 70% of people are non compliant.  So toss me in with the 70%  pile of stupid, non compliant CPAP non users who of course deserve whatever ill fate befalls us. Furthermore ALLof you WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY PATIENTS are sooooooooooooo good at following orders from doctors? How about nutritionists? Did you lose the weight to end the apnea? How bout when the doctors warned that diabetes was coming? Did you lose the weight, like the doctor suggested? Did you eat better to stave off or even lower the high blood pressure of the high cholesterol? Hmmm..... Im thinking YOU DIDNT or else there would have been NO NEED for the surgery. Make no mistake, Im in the same needing to lose weight boat. Difference is Im not a judgemental mean spirited person when other post about struggles, failures, or doubts.  If you were such perfect compliant patients why the need to for surgery?.  So because you got this surgery after 900 years of  being non compliant with diets, and the like, now all of a sudden are critics of someone whos non complaint with a CPAP machine? I had my sleep study, I tried for BI PAP.  Im sure those of you who LOVE to argue will go and find and post  some different stats about CPAP compliance, whatever, who gives a crap. And lastly, like no one here ever got frustrated with the BS process of getting this surgery. Like NO ONE here ever posted a post about being sick of getting the runaround from doctors and surgeons offices. Like no one here ever thought they had crossed the finish line only to have one more thing thrown in the "must do" pile for surgery. I guess no one here had or had insurance issues. I guess not a  single one of you didn't need a way to circumvent red tape. RED TAPE, not safety protocols or medical clearances. I never said a word about doing anything less than by the books. The title of my post is light hearted and sillly, but of course the sad individual who needed to be judemental and critical took it as a literal inquiry about cheating on a CPAP log? Really?? Did I ask about uploading them and changing the font to add information? Did I ask about obtaining someone elses logs to alter them and add my own information? No WHAT I ASKED WAS HOW TO GET THE SURGERY WITHOUT THE LOGS...WHICH MANY MANY MANY
 MANY MANY SURGEONS DO NOT REQUIRE!

My insurance covers prescriptions to a certain amount and from there we are on our own. This money that covers prescriptions also covers other stuff for whatever reason the insurance chooses not to pay for like CPAP and cardiac testing for a 34 year old  THATS why the lovenox will not be covered, and what I said was that is an expense my husband and I are preparing to handle. I am at a loss as to how you people gathered that I for whatever reason cannot afford the surgery. What I cannot afford is to throw good money after bad, but can anyone? And while I realize that you negative nay sayers all know EVERYTHING, my surgeons office prescribes different doses of the Lovenox for their patients, the costs vary wildly depending on the DURATION. A two week round of the highest dose twice daily is 2400. I could end up on a lower dose for 2 weeks. . So seeing as though I do not have that information, how can I specifically plan for this expense? Should I apply for a program or take out a loan based on a dollar amount that I don't know? It is what it is until surgery., until the surgeons office tells me what to order as this dose is to be administered at home. The 2400 is the highest quote from the local pharmacy. So I posted that because thast the MOST it will cost, smaller doses are less. So again, I guess all of you perfect people would handle the situation better than I am,. Silly me, I was just gonna get the dosage information, order it from the pharmacy, have it picked up or delivered (WHICH WOULD REQUIRE PAYING FOR IT) and take it. I guess I should have a 45 page plan as to how to acheieve this 6 months before surgery without knowing the dosage. Or I guess I should be proactive and call the surgeon and DEMAND that he give me a dosage amount NOW NOW NOW. Silly silly me.

Furthermore, I've so had it with the ignorant and mean spirited attitudes of the people on this board.  Im done. Many of the posters here are unbelievably helpful and knowledgable and supportive,. A lot like the ones who posteed here...not so much. SO what will likely happen is the ignorant, judgemental, sarcastic, smug arrogant people will all remain here bashing each other while people who come for assistance will get disgusted and leave.... Like I have chosen to do.

As stated to those that posted an actual helpful response Thank You, seriously THANK YOU, but  to the rest....really??? I hope that gave your power boost for that day!! You're really big and bad an powerful!!!  YOu added information that I never mentioned, again just to be able to make your stupid sarcastic coments. You saw your  chance to belittle, ridicule, and talk down to someone and you took it. Good Job!
Chad M.
on 3/22/11 1:28 am - Indianapolis, IN
Not for your benefit, but for anyone else who might be reading:

You are the poster child for someone who should not have the DS. You view MO people as a group who cannot comply with medical recommendations? I've got news for you.

Most of us dieted. Probably all of us. In fact many of us dieted and exercised our way all the way up to 300-400-500 pounds.

You have to be able to be compliant to have this surgery. Yes, it's the most forgiving form of WLS in many ways, but there are certain things that are non-negotiable. You must get sufficient protein. You must supplement that which you no longer absorb from food. Your post leaves little hope that you would do this.

If you cannot follow a reasonable diet ("diet" in the sense of "what you eat", not "the way you starve yourself for a temporary period of time), then you should not and must not have this surgery. In your case you appear to be completely unable to follow even the most basic of instructions, so no, you should not have the surgery.

As to your questions--yes, I used CPAP at 422 lbs. Every night. Discomfort with the mask or not (and FFS, try another one, you big baby), it made a massive different in my sleep and my overall health. Apnea is known to cause not just fatigue, but other issues as well--in my case it was exacerbating hypertension.

Having lost nearly 200 lbs, I still use my CPAP because I still have sleep apnea. It turns out it wasn't related to my weight, so how about you go **** yourself?

The only one being judgmental here is you.
Elizabeth N.
on 3/22/11 2:57 am - Burlington County, NJ
I lost 240 pounds and I still have sleep apnea. It's better but it's by no means gone. I give thanks daily for CPAP technology because it keeps me alive and sane. I've been psychotic from sleep and oxygen deprivation before and it ain't pretty.

Oh, y'know what? Maybe that's the OP's problem. Sleep deprivation induced stupidity and whinyness....

Nah, probably not.

Dear reader, SLEEP APNEA WILL KILL YOU. So quit your ******g whining about the evil machine and MAKE IT WORK. Yes, I know it's hard. I've gone through just about every style of mask ever made. I've been using this machine since 1996. I've had a repeatedly open sore on my nose because a nurse ****** up my mask when I was recovering from surgery and caused a chronic wound. Now I could go get plastic surgery if I were so inclined because THE EVIL MASK left a scar on my nose. OH HORRORS.

These are tiny things, folks, compared to being ALIVE and having a FUNCTIONING MIND.

Now, what were your CPAP complaints again? I'll be happy to talk to anyone about how to make the machine work. But YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT WORK or you are risking your life.

One of my SILs is in rapidly declining health, and one of the big parts of the puzzle is that she will not (says she "cannot") use her CPAP. She panics at anything on her face. This is a real thing and trauma related. There are a couple of fantastic short term psychotherapy interventions for this kind of thing. Some of you may have heard of EMDR. Will my SIL go do the intervention? Nope.

Don't be like her. Be smart and make this work. Google up effects of sleep apnea. Pain, depression, brain damage, psychiatric problems, stroke, etc...... Gimme a break and quit moving along in self induced misery that could kill you.

Y'know that bromide "she died quietly in her sleep"? Bull**** If you die with sleep apnea, you choke to death slowly and horribly, feeling the brain death and the tissue death and unable to wake yourself up and FIGHT IT OFF. It's an AWFUL way to go. I've FELT that place with my oxygen levels down to 60% and being awake but unable to rouse myself. Sure you look nice and peaceful when people find you in the morning, because you've been in sleep paralysis and haven't flung your covers around or shown the signs of slowly strangling to death.

Yeah, let 'em say at your funeral, "At least she died quietly in her sleep."
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 6:08 am
**** I'm 923 years old? When did that happen?
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/11 9:31 am

Sad.  Just sad. . .

It sounds like you don't need surgery anymore since you mentioned all we have to do is eat less to lose the weight.  Wow.  I wish I'd thought of that.  Brilliant!

Best of luck.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 3/21/11 2:18 pm, edited 3/21/11 2:20 pm - Tuvalu

Oh, my!  You are surrounded by people whom you describe as: 

a bunch of stupid inefficient staff at the sleep center
the nice but utterly useless rep
a bunch of judgemental...
the most smug, arrogant, mean spirited people imaginable.
people who LOVE to argue
sad individual who needed to be judemental and critical
negative nay sayers all know EVERYTHING,
ignorant and mean spirited attitudes of the people on this board.
the ignorant, judgemental, sarcastic, smug arrogant people
Most people here are much more knowledgable than the staff in the surgeons offices.

And YET...have you noticed?

Dysfunction Demotivator

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 9:23 am - San Jose, CA
This post is a classic.
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/14 8:10 pm
f irst off I would like to apologize to the administrator I did not know how to sign up because in your category describe yourself there are not enough explanations or options even an option to use your own words so I apologize for selecting what I did I am NOT trying to counsel anyone but I do believe that the information I have is very important and can help a lot of people in desperate need of help pertain to sleep apnea and equipment.on to the reason I signed up, in response to this woman you made me so upset this is not an insult but you are ignorant to be reality of the situation when it comes to these machines now and anyone can take a ride around my area south of Chicago and see that you notice there are I don't know the actual percentage but my interpretation is at least 4 equipment providers for people with insurance to every sleep lab in Joliet Illinois and surrounding areas. These machines are very expensive and the people that supply them I hope are not nearly as bad and the ones that I have dealt with I am referencing a company called peaceful nites Inc and yes that is how they spell their name I believe that's because this has turned into a cash cow and there are way too many providers of equipment and out of respect for Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox I am NOT going to mention any other names except that this place is located behind Home Depot in Plainfield Joliet area anyone can look this up I recommend you stay as far away as possible first of the doctor. I made an appointment after her waking up several times with Obvious problems I went and got an o2 stats monitor from Walgreens and have woken up with results in the upper 60's personally I wEIGH about 260 and it fluctuates a lot but at the time about 1 year ago I set up the doctor appointment it took almost a month to see the doctor on the 5th floor next to the Sleep Lab and Silver Cross Hospital New Lenox Illinois and I want to give credit to the Sleep Lab they did magnificent work very understanding very polite very good at what they do that's not a problem here my problem with the doctor aNd theequipment provider because I have only seen the doctor one time in almost a year he made his recommendation and I have never heard anything since when you call the office you have a chance to leave a message after literal number of 3 times a week and at least 4 months of that never once did someone pick up the phone or return a call and as far as the equipment provider I mentioned above they are more concerned with pushing the most expensive model and trying to quote help me with my insurance B cross Illinois after getting my results from the first test and going back for the pressure settings test my doctor ordered mean to get my equipment from above stated. My first experience with the company right behind Home Depot and Plainfield Joliet area the woman tried to explain the Machine I was 30 years old and not a child I understood how to use what she gave me what I was never given was any option for the type of machine and they got me there in the first place by telling me my insurance has approved me for owning the Machine for purchase after deductible that quickly turned into a never-ending spiral of rental that happened before I ever walked through the door they told me on the phone with my insurance company side and when I got there and went over the Machine and the doctors orders only then I was told that I would have to continue to rent the Machine for something like two years before it sounded like a rent to own situation and I complied with everything I had some dental work done him and it left apostage stamp size scar wound open and bleeding for almost 2 months and I I'm wanted to explain to them why I wasn't using the machine during that time first off when I got it they said there were serious issues with bacterial infection sinus infection and so on my dentist advised me to stay on top of it to be honest even with the humidity all the way up the Machine was preventing my mouth from healing or slowing the process and I was afraid that I may get an infection remember I have not eaten anything solid food in 7 week I think at that point when I went in as a courtesy rather than sending in the card by mail she plugged in the information and I was explaining the situation and very quickly she reveled of a bunch of things that I don't know how lightly say that she lied they said that they never told me anything about risk of terial infection and that there was no danger now anyone with a machine knows that's absolutely ridiculous I'm a noob and I know that so the conversation goes on while I was adapted hey using a face mask after falling asleep I would pull it off I didn't mean to my control was not existent I was asleep I wanted to know why I was having so much trouble speaking to the doctor or reaching them and I wanted to know if she could tell me how I was doing with the Machine how many times or how often my problem occurred with the Machine at the current settings and she said 0 Times that I stopped breathing in the middle of the night now I remember I pulled the mask off several times I wanted to know why they had such success contacting my physician when I had tried for so long so often and never got a response well as she was looking at the data lying to me about bacteria she cross the line she lied to me obviously that card shows me at least turning the machine on in her eyes and just letting it run never have I gotten a response or suggestion for adjustment and for a professional to say that there are no issues and I'm doing great while looking at the results at the same time and the results show that I didn't use it during my healing process and I have a serious problem of pulling it off in my sleep they are more concerned with money money money and they do not care about patience at all this is tantamount to malpractice and I think it is a scam on the insurance company and everybody pays the price for that with all that information it's easy to understand for whatever reason personally I have never considered weight loss surgery when I had problems in the morning before I ever went to the doctor I bought a bike and started to ride to try to get back in shape 10 years ago I was in an accident on a motorcycle that broke almost everything on my left side I was left with a disease called reflex sympathetic dystrophy and normally if I move the wrong way I am swollen for 2 weeks I was never out of shape until the accident but I actually got better and healthier the more I rode but my sweet problemcontinued and my change my diet to speed up my attempt to fix mySelfall this before I ever saw the doctor in the first place song everyone out there trying to get surgery to control your food intake or two simply improve your life I recommend the same thing ignorant woman does just follow the rules but that being said there is a huge scam happening and being lied to my face knowing how much they're charging my insurance and all the nice copay is that go along with it I have protested by not responding to any messages or request for data from the Machine until I speak to the doctor it has been several months now and I can only assume that because Blue Cross never called me my doctor still has not found me and they said they would if I didn't comply the only pump as I'm sorry admin but your website needs work I'm not going to go back and fix that again because every time you do this tiny window send you back to the top back to the topic at hand an admin please edit whatever you want my point is I believe my equipment supplier is now forging records and sending them to Blue Cross because I was never charged for the Machine and baby you still leave messages and send me letters I don't open anything because I have not spoken to mysure song I refuse to respond because I haven't spoken to my doctor your website needs work on a lot of work when it comes to replies I'm trying to say that there is an apparent problem with companies and I hate to say it but even doctors doing these things like forging records in my case lying to me I lost 50 pounds I went through the pain of the orthopedic in neurological problems ever attempted a sleep study even I want to get better no one say I have not done what would have to meanno one can say that I am NOT putting in effort I am simply with holding the records until I speak to my doctor Blue Cross the doctor no one has reached me except for the equipment provider and as long as it has been the only explanation is that they are forging records because they're not getting them from me but to sit and tell me you don't have any problem sir when it while you are asleep is a complete total why she knows what's going on she have the data and the chart in front of her face and tells me no problems that is BS that machine spent more time on my face running that should say off ever has actually on my face no matter what I pull it off the only stuff I can do now is to strap my arms down with Velcro because in my sleep I remove it I don't know how to control app maybe my doctor can fill me in but I don't think that the doctors ever end I don't think the doctor reviews records I think that all of this is a farce they make people jump through hoops that don't exist they consistently the Gold Coast goal post and I can't believe it but medical professionals lying to patients with something as serious as sleep apnea waiting you have no idea I'm responding to I suggest pinyin to yourselfor do some research don't just assume that it is the patients fault and I believe that you are boss yes god this website sucks I believe that you are making comments and are assuming $this man is overweight and lazy and that's it in fact that's what this website is all about I don't have any issues with the city Wow I don't have any issues with obesity I do have a problem with bullies though I also have a problem with wires liar liar liar sorry but this website it terrible will my let me in put a wrecked words me back to beginning so can I correct it has taken meat least an hour to write this because every time I have an error that needs to be corrected it sends me back to the top and then you type and it goes back to the top so I'm sorry for all the errors admin please fix edit my post but please get the info out there I know for a fact that there are serious problems with the medical issue and these machines being rented by companies that have no business dealing with people that need help with medical issuesplease take into consideration before you delete my response that they told me there are no issues it's impossible for bacteria take into consideration that in almost a year I can get a response from a doctor please take into consideration that when I brought the card to this place she had the chart interface on her monitor and knowing that the Machine a was not on for several weeks B was pulled off my face in the middle of the night almost every single time and then to say you have no problems you're doing great keep doing what you're doingsomething is going on here and if anyone see this why I suggested you contact Rick Ross oh my god Blue Cross stay away from a sleazy night not the correct spelling they spell it different its in Plainfield or Joliet behind the hardware store across from the malL
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/14 8:28 pm
everyone out there I'm very sorry for all of the errorsthis website needs serious work when it comes to leaving replies it consistently send you to the top of the page and anytime you try to correct something it does the same at least that is what I am experiencing right now I am simply trying to warn people about the doctor the sleep study Dr Silver Cross on the 5th floor if you want to sorry in New Lenox they are crooks the sleep study lab on the floor is fantastic magnificent work I cannot say enough about them they are seriously good people the doctors office next door if his should be shut down and on my doctor should be arrested for malpractice along with peaceful myI'm sorry I cannot continue this website is so my stop so many problems with trying to leave a reply maybe it's my device don't assume that people are simply not following you being lazy or whatever every situation is different anyone that thinks otherwise Swamp People known betterexactly what I'm talking about I said every situation is different and anyone that thinks otherwise educated people know what that is pure ignorance in my opinion don't self hate you assume lady you are lazy so he must be that's wrong on you and your picture that you posted if I could I wouldposted all over your house everywhere I think that was insulting I'll look like most of your comments are very insulting and basically ignorant you people are vicious fine could you lose some weight myself I am in much better condition than I was a year ago even with degenerative nerve disorders and everything else I'm in better shape than I was because I'm trying to fix my sleep problems but the people that you rely on to examine results and determine what needs to be done are not doing it at all so everyone beware and to everyone out there trying to get surgery to control your intake but all I can say is after 10 years of inactivityatrophy and developing for habits after my accident it was very hard to start but within 2 weeks I was on a mountain bike 20 miles a week at least and I enjoy it it does become habit I encourage people out there to try to stick with it I know I read some of what you guys have to say and even know I do have a very good understanding of the human body neurochemistry and metabolism almost half my family is practicing medicine in one form or another I do not believe every person that is a very early overweight and saying that they eat like they should and so on what I do know for a fact that there are people that can eat like a mouse and still gain weight I know these issues do exist but there are a lot of parasitic lying leach people out there using those few cases to explain their own inability to stop eating or at the very least get up and walk around a little bit or change the type of food that you eat I have sleep apnea and I've done so much I'm not having myself on the back but I'm trying and my biggest problem other than the crooked doctors and the equipment supplier that I believe should be arrested I pull my mask off when I sleep and I can't control that when I'm asleep I even what to far as to get a text her all arm then just say TeatherI'm sorry I can't continue until the comment section is fixed or I check my équipement but I can't control taking off my mask while I'm asleep in life I am completely restrain and how do you do that to yourself I live alone I'm not going to strapped myself down so I can't move my arms it be nice to get a call from my doctor but that's the point not everyone is simply trying to cheat there are very serious issues happening and if someone is saying that they are trying very hard last year I may have have a different opinion but after going through it I realize that yes there are indeed many issues and anybody that criticizes needs to look in the mirror because almost everyone on this site is here because of obesity and all tend to share the same group of problems hurdles struggles whatever you wanna call it and tearing someone down to make yourself feel better or superior that's sadistic and cruel why don't you go out and get some exercise and maybe the exercise you get with your legs will do you more good than the exercise of criticism I'm sorry for all the text errors admin please if you have to edit but I get the point out there I think that there are people in danger honestly if someone looks me in the eye knowing that I know what's on the data card and still have the balls to tell me that I don't have any problems well that my thing says everything so I'm sorry again please try to work with me do whatever you want just try to get that info out there thank you
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/14 8:29 pm
On March 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:

Oh, my!  You are surrounded by people whom you describe as: 

a bunch of stupid inefficient staff at the sleep center
the nice but utterly useless rep
a bunch of judgemental...
the most smug, arrogant, mean spirited people imaginable.
people who LOVE to argue
sad individual who needed to be judemental and critical
negative nay sayers all know EVERYTHING,
ignorant and mean spirited attitudes of the people on this board.
the ignorant, judgemental, sarcastic, smug arrogant people
Most people here are much more knowledgable than the staff in the surgeons offices.

And YET...have you noticed?

Dysfunction Demotivator

***** you kiss my ass you need to look in the mirror
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 90 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 645 views
Need help for my mom