Anyway to Cheat on CPAP Compliance Logs!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/14 8:34 pm
On March 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:

Oh, my!  You are surrounded by people whom you describe as: 

a bunch of stupid inefficient staff at the sleep center
the nice but utterly useless rep
a bunch of judgemental...
the most smug, arrogant, mean spirited people imaginable.
people who LOVE to argue
sad individual who needed to be judemental and critical
negative nay sayers all know EVERYTHING,
ignorant and mean spirited attitudes of the people on this board.
the ignorant, judgemental, sarcastic, smug arrogant people
Most people here are much more knowledgable than the staff in the surgeons offices.

And YET...have you noticed?

Dysfunction Demotivator

I think you need to re educate yourself because you have some serious problems where everybody in the world stop look around try to learndon't judge people I assume you're obese and have some sort of self hate issues that's just my opinion but you need to relax there are serious problems with the system and insurance all together an even more serious problems with the people supplying machines I don't know about doing it for free I'm not obese I don't want surgery what you need to give the guy a break relax work on your ownyou people are best shifts vicious peopleyou won't share the same problem you should try and work together I think it's easier for you to say lol he's got a bigger problem than me I'm better than himthen to work on your own problems who cast the first stone right deal with it
girlygirl1313
on 3/21/11 10:44 pm - Davidson, NC
 Yikes!  First off, a deductible is a deductible is a deductible.  Whether you put it into a CPAP or pay it all to your surgeon, your out of pocket deductible must be met one way or the other.  Why not get something useful out of it before surgery like a nice working CPAP so that you can sleep better and not be such a grump ass.  

And it's not just the surgeon that requires this, it's the insurance company that wants to see you complying with CPAP use.  BCBS of IL is a stickler for documentation of compliance with dieting, CPAP, meaning that conservative measures were taken before jumping into a forever life altering surgery.

Your Sleep Apnea is on record, you can not wish away your diagnosis.  Sleep Apnea KILLS.

FInally, I am not sure of how your policy is set up with BCBS of IL but if you have family coverage, your total family out of pocket deductible might be 6000 but for each person in the family it is 3000.  Your coverage may be different but I thought mine was 6000 too until I called to clarify.

The DS requires a lifetime of compliance usually meaning some cha ching.  For instance, BCBS of IL didn't cover as much as I would have liked them to with my iron infusions.  My out of pocket costs?  about $650.00.  The actual cost of the infusions were about $2300.  Even though you have to pay out of pocket to meet your deductible, you still get the contracted price.  I doubt you would have to have paid $2000 for your CPAP, but instead of being proactive about it, ***** away all you want.

You wanna know what REALLY sucks?  You can not apply the cost of your vitamins toward your deductible.  Tough titties if you don't want to take your vites or fork out the monthly cost cause it's do or die.  You are going to have to prepare yourself for anything and everything and be willing to take immediate action to save yourself in the event of, oh let's say Peterson's hernia or bowel obstruction, even if you have to take out a loan, even if you deductible resets.

See?  Lots of good info here.  But don't ask for opinions if you are not prepared to hear the truth. 

And by the way, if you know what your doing, it's easy to find the BCBS/IL Policy online:
http://medicalpolicy.hcsc.net/medicalpolicy/disclaimer.do?co rpEntCd=IL1#hlink
search: Obesity  
then click on: Obesity Surgery

MsBatt
on 3/22/11 6:00 am
Who was this, before he/she deactivated?
Elizabeth N.
on 3/22/11 8:42 am - Burlington County, NJ

I don't remember her name, that's how much she posted.

Vicki PNW
on 1/19/14 3:21 am, edited 1/19/14 3:23 am

I can't recall the name of the person who posted these two long-winded messages and other responses on 1/19/2014 before deactivating himself again a short time afterwards.  Furthermore, he has lost his audience because of his obvious lack of grammar and paragraphing skills.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

boyceunplugged
on 4/16/14 3:10 am

Yes there is a way to do this. It takes a little bit of effort and computer knowledge. Ultimately 

I have had a cPAP for about 2.5 months, and still struggle with it every night. Between the leaks, it slipping off, and everything else I do in my sleep (mui tai maybe?? I don't know) I am still under my compliance. I keep trying stuff out but really for everyone to weigh in so viciously on this is really unnecessary.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views