OT-Knoxville peeps

vitalady
on 6/1/11 3:44 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
To those in Knoxville - I'm so sorry to have missed you. At this writing, the total is something like this. Don has at least 3 broken ribs and matching vertebra. At least one puncture of lung, so when I left was having a chest tube placed. It was borderline, since he was breathing, but it can go wrong very quickly, so err on the side of caution. I spose some of the upside is that we'll be here for several days. I'm trying to figure how to get myself and the rig to the conference, even if I have to send Don home. I know that sounds odd, but we do make this trip in order to attend the conference, and it is critical to be there. Oddly, I have "what if" insurance that I thought was silly at the time, but it would cover the expense of sending Don and me home, AND to pay someone to bring the rig back, if necessary. But that would have to be AFTER Orlando. I hope. Liz, Don will be there tomorrow, his chest tube surgery was tonight, and brief, and I think he'll be in ICU one night. I'll be there but later. Need to find a place to park Lucy, and finishing getting the rig set up. I have NO idea how to fuel this truck. Never done it. You know all that stuff you're gonna do tomorrow? Well, usually that is NOT me, but guess who will be learning the other set ups and how to fuel diesel? Hope I can meet with some of you guys tomorrow. Believe me, Don does not want me pacing in his room for the entire day. Once the tube is placed, he is just being watched. The danger will only be about the lung, I guess. Ribs can't be fixed and no one said what they'd do about the spine.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

MajorMom
on 6/1/11 7:17 pm - VA
Oh, Michelle, I'm so sorry. I wish there was some way to exorcise the dark clouds hanging over your heads. I just don't know what to say but I'm sending up prayers and healing thoughts to you both.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

vitalady
on 6/2/11 2:41 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
YOU KNOW IT!

What the heck did we ever do to make anyone, especially Someone so angry with us?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 7:38 pm
I am so sorry to hear this... My thoughts are with you.

Dana
southernlady5464
on 6/1/11 7:43 pm
Michelle, saying prayers for both of you.

Will be up there in a bit.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

southernlady5464
on 6/1/11 9:52 pm
Michelle, dh posted on FB about how to handle your truck.

Right now I am in the waiting room in ICU since dh & I had to be here so early for his procedure. He won't be long but if I miss you this morning, I will be down later this afternoon.

I hope you get Lucy taken care of and I hope to see you in a wee bit.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

PamtasticNewLife
on 6/1/11 10:39 pm
Keep you both in my thoughts and prayers Michelle. You take care of yourself , let Drs and nurses care for Don. I know that's hard to do!

God Speed for a fast and speedy recovery!

Pam
teachmid
on 6/1/11 10:52 pm - OKC, OK
Sending healing thoughts and prayers to Don and strength and peace to you.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

kirmy
on 6/2/11 2:31 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
My God Michelle what happened?

Right I'm getting some kick arse Juju princess to come and get rid of the ****** up mojo you guys have going on.  Seriously enough with the ****ty events already!!!!

Mate all I can say is that I am deeply sorry you're wading through **** right now.  If it isn't too personal can I ask what led to this?  Did Don fall? 

Wishing you both health vibes and the warmest hugs known to mankind.
xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
vitalady
on 6/2/11 2:40 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Justy get here. I need someone bossy to drive this rig to Orlando. Like this truck and rig would say no to YOU?

When we backed into this spot, the ground is all dirt, no clue what is soft. The right side slipped just a little, trailer tilted into a tree. Tore the awning (which was still rolled)< so he went up on the roof to see if there was any damage. That's nearly 14 ft. He slipped coming back down the ladder.

fx rubs; fx T-9 and L1-2, but no nerve damage so far. Collapsed lung. Don't know what else.

he is in Univ of Tenn, so no backwater hole. I was able to slip it in under VA, butI have no idea if we have copays or what.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 62 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 632 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 230 views