Are there ANY GOOD frozen hamburger patties on the market?

Gracie P.
on 6/26/11 1:10 pm - Mansfield, OH
I just bought a package of frozen hamburger patties at Sam's club and put them on the George tonight for dinner.  YUCK!  The DH and I have tried many different types and brands over the years and have not found a frozen patty that we like.  Poor fella... he usually eats the rest of the package until they are gone.  He said tonight "If you put enough lettuce, pickles and ketchup on them they are OK!" 

Anyone have any suggestions? 

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

scaryreader
on 6/26/11 1:27 pm - Chicago, IL

I get the Angus burgers from Wal-mart. They are really good & a lot of protein.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

rhonda C.
on 6/26/11 9:32 pm - PA
me tooo,they are delicious!!
Rhonda   

Confidence never comes from having all the answers:
it comes from being open to ask questions

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 1:28 pm
 I'm like you, I don't normally like premade ones, so I either make my own, or when I'm lazy I just heat the cooked/premade ones at walmart. They come in a bag of 5. They are actually good tasting. I just heat them in a fry pan with a little bit of water, close the lid and heat until steam escapes from under the lid. 
Other wise the handmade ones are the best, extra thick and still pink in the middle.. I think the premade ones are pressed to hard so they are like a hockeypuck. 
kat08
on 6/26/11 2:11 pm - Matthews, NC
I love the frozen southwest chicken burger patties from Trader Joe's.  They're not super duper gourmet or anything but they're pretty darn good fas far as frozen burgers go.
-Kathy
Have you had or are you going to have the DS and live in the Charlotte, NC area?  There is a DS meet up group near you!  PM me for details.
PamtasticNewLife
on 6/26/11 4:13 pm
When my son was in ROTC the Captain would soak the hamburger patties in worstechire sauce, mixed with enough water to cover patties. A little salt, plenty pepper, onion and garlic powder. Marinate just like you would steak.

I've never been a fan of premade burgers but this actually made them tolerable.
zcadden
on 6/26/11 6:16 pm - New Orleans, LA
No!

D U S T I N  

SW/BMI: 303#/50.4    CW/BMI: 162#/26.9 

Start your Journey @ DSFacts.com

Janine P.
on 6/26/11 6:18 pm - Long Island, NY
Trader Joe's makes Kobe Beef patties (2 per box) that are really good. 

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Julie R.
on 6/26/11 7:35 pm - Ludington, MI
There is a local meat packer by my house that maks the BEST frozen patties, but unfortunately, that's a bit of a drive for you!   If youe ever get up to Northern Michigan, do try Sanders Meats.

My DH is a chef, and he does like a particular brand from GFS that are individually wrapped.   We also tried some Black Angus steak burgers from Walmart that weren't bad.   Now, even though this man, who is a culinary school graduate, will literally eat **** on a shingle, I am far pickier.   I acftually did like the Walmart steak burgers.    
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Michelle B.
on 6/26/11 10:33 pm - Cleveland, OH
 I use to only like handmade patty's but tried these black angus burgers from GFS (if you have one of those in your area) and they are delicious!  I still prefer homemade though.
   - Michelle -

HW: 315 | SW: 273 | CW: 142.2| GW: 125-130

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 297 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 769 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views