5 Year Surgiversary!!! 12/12

jinjer
on 12/11/11 7:15 am, edited 12/10/11 7:24 pm - Eastwood, KY
It's actually tomorrow, but I will be at work without acess to the board. I can hardly believe it has been 5 years. I have had a very easy road with the DS. I have lost about 115 lbs and weight between 155 and 161. I did briefly get down to 151 after my plastics, but did not stay there very long. My weight is pretty stable. I am a good DSers most of the time when it comes to food choices. Although some days I eat anything and everything. I did have plastics in 2009, a LBL and BA, and then this past August I had smaller implants put in and a braline back lift. I am pretty happy with everything. I never though I would be so small, size 8/10. I feel like a normal person and am enjoying life. As so many others have said, I would do this surgery every year for the rest of my life. December 12th, 2006, is the day that changed my life forever!!!

Jinjer

Also, I want to thank all those that helped me on this journey, especially my surgeon, Dr. Smith, Leanne Johnson, Her mom Ruth, our departed friend Beth, and all the North Alabama DSers better know as NADS!!! All the folks here for telling their stories, both good and bad!! My awesome plastic surgeon, Dr. William Alison and his staff. And so many more....
Blank Out
on 12/11/11 7:17 am
 That is awesome!  Congrats to you!!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

MajorMom
on 12/11/11 7:24 am - VA
Happy surgiversary, Jinjer!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

jinjer
on 12/11/11 7:25 am - Eastwood, KY
 Thanks Gina!!! You've always been a bright light on the board for me!!

Jinjer
Loretta W.
on 12/11/11 10:13 am - Inland Empire, CA

Congratulations & Happy Surgiversary!

gak
on 12/11/11 11:17 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Happy Surgiversary ! You have done great ! YEAH !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

J G.
on 12/11/11 2:23 pm
Hi Jinjer!  So good to hear from you.  I always enjoy your posts.  Question for you:  What did you think of getting the smaller implants, and what kind did you get?

Congrats on your five years!

- Jenny
provolisa
on 12/11/11 5:04 pm - Provo, UT
Congratulations on 5 wonderful years!
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

jinjer
on 12/11/11 8:09 pm - Eastwood, KY
 Jenny,

I was torn between having the implants totally removed and smaller implants.  I really would like to have them removed but will give this a try.  My surgeon did amazing removing the loose skin from the reduction.  It all comes down to I should have had ALL my body work done first and then decide on the implants.  I had a breast reduction 22 years ago, so a breast lift was not possible, but I had lost some volume in the top from the weight loss.  I think I would have been happier just having the bodywork done and wear bras than made me look full. I really wanted my top and bottom to match size wise.  I know that I look pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.  But I still stuggle when I shop for tailored clothing.  I am so small from the waist down, size 8,  that shirts and blouses that fit my boobs are way too big.  It is the opposite of what I did prior to plastics, I used to have to buy shirts to fit my hanging, rolled up pannus and the top part would be too big.  

Overall though, all the surgeries changed my life.  

jinjer
galla1
on 12/11/11 10:27 pm
You have done so well! Thanks for sharing..

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 248 views