cravings!!!

jzwife
on 3/29/13 6:34 am

I feel full for a very long time just drinking my liquids BUT I have terrible cravings. Was this normal for you after you had your surgery and what did you do to help keep those cravings in place? I am trying to do my protein but just even a wiff of a stalk of celery will set me off not to mention all the good food that people keep bringing my family. I want something to chew on!!! I know this will pass in a few weeks when I can eat a few more normal things.

Head hunger drives me crazy.

Sharon

Herman
on 3/29/13 7:08 am

Head Hunger, it does make your life miserable.

I would chew some gum. I was lucky in that I could eat what I wanted as long as I chewed well. I know all doctors give different rules on eating.

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
determineddanni
on 3/29/13 7:51 am

Right after surgery I had head hunger like that but it did get better :)

I learned real quick to stick to the DS diet early on because those cravings don't feel so good once they go all the way through, if you know what I mean lol

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

jashley
on 3/29/13 12:05 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I got really cranky when I watched my sister eat good food, and I was on liquids.  It felt really uncomfortable. 

I did eat a piece of a hamburger patty at 10 days.  Bad idea.  It didn't even taste good.  Nothing tasted good at that point.

I also started eating soft food earlier than I was supposed to.  I just could not stand it any more.

PSaadallah
on 3/29/13 1:20 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

For the weeks I was on the liquid diet, I often had what I call "the sandwich dream" at night.  In my dream I would be in the middle of eating a huge delicious sandwich, or a pizza, or some other delicious food, and I would suddenly remember that I was supposed to be on a liquid diet and panic.  When I woke up from the dream I would laugh at myself, but the cravings were pretty bad.  The only silver lining is that you'll come out on the other side with MUCH less craving and desire for carbs.  Keep it up; don't give in . . . this too shall pass!

jashley
on 3/30/13 1:51 am
DS on 12/19/12

Funny.  I had "bad food" dreams also.  Yea, eating wonderful, bad food...

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 356 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views