I'm switched

cherylbaker
on 7/10/14 7:12 am

Sell after all the fretting and worrying. Dr roslin said my surgery went perfectly.  Got my pyloric valve back and was sleeved and all the ds plumbing. I am sooooo excited.  Still in the hospital getting anxious to get home

A

RNY 2000 - HW 400 - LW 140 

Maintained 180 for 7 yrs regained to 300

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

HW 300 - SW 280 - CW 3/17 182 - GW 169

Updated 6/28/15 CW 155 - GW 149

larra
on 7/10/14 10:04 am - bay area, CA

Congratulations!!

Now do your walking, sip liquids as allowed, and just focus on recovery. The rest will come with time.

Larra

PeteA
on 7/12/14 12:47 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congratulation. You'll hear walk and sip a lot because it is so important to keep hydrated
and the walking helps the healing process. Hospitals can do great things but it going home 
is always special.  

K X.
on 7/12/14 4:01 am

Congrats! I had my surgery on 07/08 so we are close! I couldnt wait to be out of the hospital even though they were so nice to me. I stayed one night, my surgery was over about 1600 on Tuesday and I was discharged about 1630'on Wednesday. For me drinking was hard for the first 12 hours, but they wouldnt let me leave until I drank 50 oz, which felt like a LOT! But I did it and each day it is easier and easier, yesterday I drank 66oz. Walking definetely helps with the gas. I would wake up ever two hours have an ounce of water, force myself to walk a lap around the nurses station and sip on an ounce of water during my walk. You can do it!

DS 07/08/14 Dr Houseworth

HW/284  SW/270 1 week post op/262

cherylbaker
on 7/22/14 5:50 am, edited 7/22/14 5:51 am

Need help (please don't everyone gang up on me I'm very sensitive have had 2 weeks from hell and had to leave another group cause they just ganged up on me.

2 weeks post op on my  rny to ds revision. Surgery Tuesday npo Tuesday till Friday night. Finally got clear liquids fro and say and started on full liquids Sunday (that's where .ny problems started)

Everything on my list made me feel like I over ate even though I was only doing 2 oz an hr. I couldn't get in the water (not enough hrs in the day at 2 oz an hr) and only occasionally met the protein goal.  I was in pain constantly and as time went on things got worse. I was only doing broth protein drink sf pops and water.  Physically I felt great high energy no pain walking all the time shopping sprees etc. Would usually rest for an hr or 2 in the afternoon (couldn't sleep but rested).

Well last night was the worst night of my life ..  i was in soo much pain over 2 oz of liquid I was ready to admit myself to the hospital and let them feed my with iv.

I woke up this morning and the thought if going another day like this was more than i could take.  I sent hubby to store has him pick me up stuff not on my list but that I thought I could eat and that sounded good.  Unsweetened applesauce,  eggs, far free frozen yogart and tomato soup. Here is how today went so far

8        2 oz applesauce

9       .5 Sunnyside up egg

10 slept oops ha ha ha

11.     2 oz frozen yogart

12       2 oz tomato soup

1          .3 mile walk 2 oz protein water

2.         .5 egg 

3 shower and rest

4 going to have 2 oz frozen yogart

Now as you can see issue here is nowhere near guidelines.  I feel good no pain or gas or acid. I have gone bathroom several times and this is the first day since surgery I have not felt like my stomach was exploding and like a was starving to death and the first time going over 150 calories for the day..

Question is what do I do now? I can't go back to the foods on my list they clearly do not agree. These foods I feel good on but protein wise suck and still with 2 oz per hr am never going to get the required liquid in. Dr says 2 oz per hr is Fine as long as your urinating 3 or more times a day. .

Looking for any and all help full suggestions.  Thanks

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

K X.
on 7/22/14 8:50 am

Im supposed to be on pureed food right now being just over 2 weeks post-op. Everything you have eaten is on my list of thinkgs to eat - well except the frozen yogurt (and really only because of sugar).  I am still taking a nap everyday, anywhere between 2-4 hrs, and sleep all night.  I eat similar to what you are except I drink at least 1 premier protein a day, sometimes 2 depending on my protein needs (supposed to be getting 90 grams).  

When I was in the hospital I couldnt drink the water.  I tried some diluted apple juice and that was better.  Eventually they gave me a dose of something (some weight loss approved NSAID) that helped with the swallowing.  The nurse told me sometimes it happens but it is supposed to get better.  I stayed in the hospital a few extra hours in order to get a second dose of that stuff.  Ever since I have had no problem swallowing water/liquid if I drink slow enough.

Have you tried different brands of protein shakes?  I got lucky and like the premier protein which I get at Costco.  GNC will let you try the different brands of the protein shakes and if you dont like them you return them until you find one you like. 

Hang in there. Let me know if I can help at all.

DS 07/08/14 Dr Houseworth

HW/284  SW/270 1 week post op/262

cherylbaker
on 7/22/14 11:35 am

Thanks for the note. My problem is I can only drink 2 oz per hr. So it's hard to get enough fluid . My dr plan says I have to wait till 3 weeks to get to pureed but I couldn't stand the pain anymore. 

Tomorrow I am going to try and get in 1 protein shake which is 30 grams of protein which I think would get me within reason of goals.  How much liquid can you drink in an hr?

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

cherylbaker
on 7/23/14 7:57 am

Didn't work. Made me sick. I think my body dues not like that much protein at one time

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom