Real Food?

annarohr
on 8/29/14 9:19 am

Well, this Is day 8 post op.  My post op diet is 10 days clear liquids, 10 days other liquids, 10 days mooshy foods, then normal diet.   Was this the same for you?  What was your post op diet directions.  It just seems extreme to me to be 20 days on liquids, and I'm hungry!

larra
on 8/29/14 9:25 am - bay area, CA

Each surgeon seems to have different post-op diet instructions. Mine never limited us to liquids, except the first couple days in the hospital. By the time I went home I was allowed to eat soft foods, meaning things like scrambled or soft boiled egg, shrimp, scallops, tuna (with lots of mayo for moisture), that sort of thing.

Of course, the amounts I was able to eat were miniscule, like not even one entire large scallop. I just couldn't eat more than that at first. And I really didn't care. It was tough enough just getting in liquids. Still, being able to chew a little something makes you feel more normal, even if it's just one bite.

But as we always tell people, follow your surgeon's instruction - or, if you really, really feel you could manage more, ask him if it's ok.

Larra

PattyL
on 8/29/14 10:23 am

I had no restrictions at all.  I had one soft meal in the hospital then it was whatever I could tolerate.

annarohr
on 8/29/14 12:05 pm

thanks!  I will give them a call and ask. 

SHFT_2
on 8/30/14 8:45 am - Grand Rapids, MI

I had two weeks liquid only post op, then soft food, then regular food as I could tolerate it. The first two weeks I couldn't really eat or drink much of anything anyway.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

Brandy G.
on 8/30/14 3:55 pm
DS on 08/20/14

My instructions are the same.  Today is day #10 for me, so yogurt today.  Yippee.   I was staring at my husbands dinner with avarice in my heart.  I can't imagine another 10 days of liquids. 

Warning:  Anybody who approaches me with sugar free Jell-O is likely to end up wearing it. 

PeteA
on 9/3/14 4:49 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Two weeks liquids post op and then 1 to 2 weeks for each of the other phases. A lot of people
start off right away with soft foods. 20 days does seem like a long time. You can pu**** but this
early out you might as wel llisten to the surgeon. They are the ones that have to fix anything going wrong.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views