Lymphedema After DS

more2adore
on 9/7/14 10:36 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

I'm really hoping for a definitive answer on this from people who had lymphedema, and then had the DS and lost most of their EW. I have Stage III lymphedema in my legs (hardening of my legs in some areas). I have been told my lymphedema will not go away even if I lose all of my excess weight, but I want to know from others in similar situations - what DID happen? Did it lessen for you? Was it easier to treat? What changed? 

I was going to post this on OH's lymphedema forum, but two other people have asked the same question and it's such a quiet forum that no one's gotten answers. Thanks!

Valerie G.
on 9/8/14 7:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm sure there are some here, but there is one person who is a RNY success and suffers horribly from Lymphedema still.  I believe she's Saralicious if you want to look her up.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

more2adore
on 9/8/14 1:30 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

Yeah, I found Sarahlicious' posts after I posted here last night. :) Though she still has LE, the difference in the size of her legs is dramatic. It seems that it DOES help significantly, even if the LE still needs to be treated, which is what I was hoping. :)

Sarahlicious
on 9/10/14 6:58 am - Portsmouth, OH

Thanks Valerie!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

PattyL
on 9/8/14 11:39 am

Look up Jesse in Alaska.  Hers has improved.  She is on FB a lot.

more2adore
on 9/8/14 2:00 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

I can't seem to find a way to search for all of a poster's previous posts, and there are way too many Jessy's on Facebook for me to find her that way, but I saw her blog on her profile here. :) Awesome. I'm wondering if I should join some DS groups on Facebook, but I'm scared to. If they're just closed groups as opposed to secret ones, suddenly everyone on my friends list will know I'm planning DS surgery, and that's no something I've announced yet. 

PeteA
on 9/9/14 4:40 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

The facebook groups I belong to are all secret for that very reason. Many don't want to talk about DS issues with all their regular FB friends.

Try and search on Duodenal Switch and WLS friends, Also OH DS Family was a breakaway group from this site long before I even knew what  DS was.

I like both the boards and FB.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

more2adore
on 9/9/14 6:48 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

Unfortunately you can't search for secret groups. :( 

Valerie G.
on 9/9/14 5:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Chances are your friends will have no idea what a DS is.  Don't worry about that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 9/9/14 7:19 am
On September 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, more2adore wrote:

I can't seem to find a way to search for all of a poster's previous posts, and there are way too many Jessy's on Facebook for me to find her that way, but I saw her blog on her profile here. :) Awesome. I'm wondering if I should join some DS groups on Facebook, but I'm scared to. If they're just closed groups as opposed to secret ones, suddenly everyone on my friends list will know I'm planning DS surgery, and that's no something I've announced yet. 

Her name is Jessica Williams. I'm pretty sure she posts on Duodenal Switch Patients FB group.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 109 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 657 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views