Fissure. Let's talk.

Irishnurse
on 11/3/14 10:38 pm, edited 11/3/14 10:39 pm
DS on 04/17/13

My fissure is finally healed. If any of you are having issue with a fissure that will not heal and you have extremely acidic poo...talk to your doctor about bile salts poo. My doctor put me on Welchol 625mg 3 times per day. My fissure healed within a month and a half after not being riddled with acidic poop. I still have a couple of hemorrhoids but they too are not near as bad. I am starting to get back to normal now. As long as I take my medications I have pretty normal bowel movements once per day and NO MORE PAIN! My poo does not smell like Sulfur anymore either. 

Just a little helpful information for those that might be in my situation with more than just the normal DS poo. I think there is more of us out there than we think that are having this issue. I read many similar situations on this forum. 

Good luck to any of you with a fissure and I pray it heals quickly. Horrible thing to have to live with. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

buffalobillsfan
on 11/3/14 10:42 pm - CA

Two of my fears have been anal fissure and bowel obstruction.  Just checked the bowel obstruction off my anti-bucket list.  Hopefully I'll never suffer from the fissure.  That is awesome that you resolved it.  My heart breaks for people who suffer from that.  Just hearing about it gives me chills. 

Irishnurse
on 11/3/14 10:48 pm, edited 11/3/14 10:48 pm
DS on 04/17/13

My advice to you is to keep on top of your poop situation. If you are having diarrhea then do something about it now...Imodium, More iron, more calcium. Do not wait until it causes a fissure. I had no idea what I was doing after surgery. I followed my surgeon and NUT rather than advice from the vets here on my vitamins.

I finally got the advice I needed from the vets here and I increased calcium, iron and started taking Imodium four times a day. That firmed me up and changed things. The Welchol got rid of the burning part. =) 

buffalobillsfan
on 11/3/14 10:53 pm - CA

Great advice.  I would rather stay WAY ahead of this possibility!  Thank you!

PeteA
on 11/4/14 5:18 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

That's terrific!!!!  Lucky for me I have a fistula and not a fissure. It is just irritated and draining. They are going
in to cut it open so it can heal properly on Thursday. I'm happy I didn't wait.

Irishnurse
on 11/7/14 12:11 am
DS on 04/17/13

I pray that you heal fast Pete! =D

lisaiamhappy
on 11/20/14 2:40 am - LeBlanc, LA

By far this is the worst thing about the surgery. It is the most painful thing that I have ever been through. Any advice is helpful.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 124 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 665 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views