10-Weeks Post Op, doing great

bitDaddy
on 1/27/15 3:54 am
DS on 11/18/14

I had my switch done on 11/18/14. I had a really rough start due to an aversion to sweets, which made it very difficult for me to follow my post-op diet and take my vitamins and get enough hydration. Three weeks ago, I had a Dr's appointment and was given the all-clear to take regular vitamins and since then everything has been golden. I'm drinking more than enough water and taking my vitamins daily. I've had really good results so far. When I first went to see my surgeon I weighed 399 lbs and on the day of my surgery I weighed 382. At my appointment three weeks ago I weighed 332 and as of this morning I weighed 314. Of course, the best part is the other changes in my life. I've been able to go camping with my son, something I wouldn't have been able to do before. We also have gone to some sporting events that last year I couldn't fit into the seats. I can even bend over and tie my shoes... no more having to find a place where I can raise my foot so that I can reach them. Its probably sounds odd, but the best reminder to me of how far I've come is when I look down and see my shoes tied with the knot right there in the middle and not way off to the side.

It hasn't all been a rose garden - there were a few weeks there when I gave the term 'dine and dash' a whole new meaning as I learned what did and did not agree with me. I also had a few weeks of horrible pain due to some stitches irritating a nerve... but all in all I have to say that my recovery went much, much faster than I expected with few complications.

Soon, I'll be buying tickets for the Tampa Bay Rays Opening Day game. Last year, I took my son to his first opening day game and it turned out to be the turning point in my decision towards the surgery. Last year, I couldn't fit in the seat and it wasn't just uncomfortable it was absolutely painful and it turned what should have been a joyful day for me and my son into an absolutely horrible experience for me. This year will be different though!

Kathy S.
on 1/27/15 5:01 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Shawnern
on 1/27/15 8:31 am - Rochester, MN

Congratulations on your success! I too can't wait until baseball season starts! Keep up the good work!

Shawn

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/15 10:53 am

Congrats - sounds like you're doing really well. I had the surgery a week before you and I'm down about 60lbs.  My turning point was coaching my younger sons basketball. I could barely move around the court, and started getting stress fractures in my left foot for no reason. It made basic walking almost impossible. Also I refused to fly anywhere since I couldn't stand sitting in airlines seats. Now I'm planning a trip to Zurich and London next month, hopefully down another 15lbs by then.

Congrats again.

AngelnChains
on 1/27/15 10:04 pm
DS on 11/17/14

Congrats!! I had surgery the day before you did so we are on the same schedule sorta! haha. :)

PeteA
on 1/28/15 2:58 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congrats!!!   

lovingme2014
on 1/28/15 3:07 am

Congratulations! I love baseball too!!

Kathy B.

jim1969
on 1/28/15 9:49 am - Lakewood, WI

Congrats! You are doing great!

hedgie
on 1/28/15 10:26 am - Orlando, FL

I'm glad to see your update and that you're doing well. I have my surgery scheduled with Dr. Jawad at ORMC on 2/10 and I'm nervous. I haven't heard much from his DS patients so your report is encouraging!

K P.
on 1/30/15 4:45 am
DS on 07/08/14

Congratulations! Keep up the good work. 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 356 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?