Elevated B12 ad liver enzymes!!!!!

phatgirl10
on 1/28/15 11:56 am

6 years out and was cruising pretty good. Blood work showed my B12 was over 4,000 and my AST and ALT 3 times the normal!!! I've been having tingling all over so I think something's up with my liver and I'm not absorbing B12 so I'm having all these weird symptoms!!!! Anyone else post DS having similar issues??? I'm functional but not myself, not tired still work everyday, but I don't like this!!!

MajorMom
on 1/28/15 6:35 pm - VA

My liver enzymes just stay a little high but I've always thought it was due to it trying to process all the vitamins I take. Please let us know what your doctor finds out. I'm wondering if all your B vitamins might be high. High B6 can give you issues too and our DS bodies have a hard time getting rid of the excess in our systems.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

phatgirl10
on 1/28/15 11:09 pm

My B12 has been over 4,000 since 2011 and no one was concerned, but if it's not been absorbed it's because my liver isnt functioning as it should. I think that's why I have the tingling because Eventhough my level is high I'm afraid it isn't absorbed which can cause nerve damage. I'm going to continue have doctors investigate and I know the DS makes work for the liver, but if I have to I will have the surgery reversed if I can. I will post when I know something concrete, but could do without all this!

Sunshine16
on 1/29/15 12:14 am

In one of my blood work my AST was elevated to 64 and then it went down to 26.  I often wondering are we over working our liver with taking all these vitamins.  Its only 1 liver. However please keep us posted.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 229 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 725 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 243 views