Welp.. Almost 10 years out.. what happened?

Monique345
on 2/17/15 11:57 am, edited 2/17/15 11:59 am - Los Angeles, CA

Has surgery June 2005.. And well was a whirlwind. Weight started at 26**** a low in 9months - 12 months of 132 (with no plastics).. then bumped up to 145 at about year 4.. and stayed there for a few years.. then went up to 156 / had a tummy tuck.. landed there for a bit.. then up to 164 the last year and in the last 3 months up to 174.. Let's just say it's scary.. I guess my body is absorbing WAY more than it used to. My eating hasn't changed since the beginning.. (I never watched my protein, carb, etc).. But wanted to check in with everyone else to see if they have had these issues too. If so.. did going back to the low carb, protein only thing work? If so how quickly and well. Don't get me wrong.. I'm 5'6".. I'd like to be 140-150.. so Im about 25 lbs out of that.. 

Yes I know I've been bad and non compliant.. so really looking for those who have been in the same boat.

-Monica

encab
on 2/17/15 4:46 pm

Hi Monica!

I'm 5 years out. Started at 370 and got down to 215. Stayed there for about a year and since then it has slowly been creeping upwards. Got up to 245 before i decided i had to do something about it.

So I started a food diary. I downloaded it to my phone and it tells me how many calories I can eat per day if I want to keep on losing weight.

I just input everything I eat, and by the evening if I see that I'm getting close to my limit then I just stop eating.

For me it works really well when I can keep count and keep myself accountable of what I eat.

Sunshine16
on 2/17/15 11:20 pm

Awesome Dude!!!

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

airbender
on 2/17/15 6:38 pm

congrats on 10 years!!  I had surgery 5 years ago, yes it is different now, our body's do change, adapt etc.  I think you have done incredibly well, for no****ching your carbs, protein etc.  Have you tried atkins, or a 50 gm carb max per day?  That usually works and you should see results the first 2 weeks.  I would think 2 lbs week is doable.  keep at it

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Sunshine16
on 2/17/15 11:21 pm

Hi Airbender,

Are you able to keep the weight off with this method?  Also how much weight have you lost and how long did it take you to lose the weight?

Valerie G.
on 2/17/15 11:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm a little more than 9 yrs out and I've creeped up around 20lbs.   Unlike you, I expected it.  15-25% bounceback is expected.  I'm still at 14% so no worries on my end.  If you really want to lose, you'll have to work at it now.  High protein, high fat, ultra low carb should show movement you're seeking.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sunshine16
on 2/20/15 12:06 am

Valerie,

I noticed when I change my probiotic, it causes me gain weight.  Is taking a probiotic a good assistance in keeping the weight off?

Also how often do you have to revert back to the high protein, high fat, and low carb to lose weight?

Valerie G.
on 2/20/15 1:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Probiotics keep your flora in balance, but some (including me) dont take them at all.  I do fine with eating yogurt regluarly.  I've not heard of probiotics having an effect on weight gain or loss.

I'm not panicking about the 20 lbs I've gained (it came with boobs) so much.  At times I start to feel my carb cravings getting too strong and taper off with some heavy protein loading.  I do this once or twice a year.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sunshine16
on 2/20/15 1:45 am

Yes, taking the probiotic, I go to the bathroom real good, but I have to drink plenty of water because it can be dehydrating.  Without the probiotic, I gain weight and I do not go to the bathroom as much. 

sunshine1968
on 3/13/16 6:58 pm

I'm just curious as to what probiotic you have found to help with the weight loss. I have heard that some can cause weight gain. I'm starting to wonder how much of an effect my probiotic is having on my weight loss. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views