DS and Reflux Question

LngRedRose
on 2/26/15 11:08 pm

Ok.. So I have another question.  I have horrific reflux.  It was bad but after the VSG it has just become worse and worse.  I am on Prevacid and I eat about 100 tums per week at 1000 mg each.  Does the DS help with that or does it remain the same??

Valerie G.
on 2/27/15 2:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Since you already have a sleeve, the DS wouldn't do it any better or worse, I think. 

RNY is known to alleviate GERD, however it comes with it's own trade-offs.  You may want to ask about the Nissen Wrap procedure as a possible solution to address the reflux.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

airbender
on 2/27/15 4:56 am, edited 2/27/15 4:57 am

With taking that many tums etc...I would make sure that you have a recent endoscopy (UGI would also show reflux) to show if any erosions, hernias etc.  If you have not been evaluated by a GI I would start from there.  Hopefully you find some relief soon 

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

LngRedRose
on 3/3/15 10:43 pm

I had an EGD last year... I have an ulcer and that is all he said he found.  But he is not familiar with the sleeve at all...

LngRedRose
on 3/3/15 10:42 pm

Yes, to be honest, I have knee pain and I am on relafen to just keep me mobile.  So I can't even begin to entertain the RNY. 

Shawnern
on 2/27/15 4:47 am - Rochester, MN

You need to talk with your doctor about getting a Nissen Fundo done to fix your GERD before you destroy your esophagus. It is a over night procedure done laparoscopic. We do this procedure on my floor that I work at and it truly makes life a lot better. Good luck!

Shawn

LngRedRose
on 3/3/15 10:44 pm

I am going to research that.  I have never heard of that procedure and I am miserable enough to cut my own esophagus out at times... (Well not that miserable but almost!!!)  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 171 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 701 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views