Hit my goal weight today!

A_Whole_New_Me
on 2/25/15 1:32 pm

I am 13 months and 2 days out from a VSG to DS revision with Dr Keshishian. I hit his goal weight of 170 lbs for me today (I am 5 ft 11in). i was happy where I'd stopped but the last few pounds came off when I upped my protein intake to prepare for plastics mid-April.  

It is strange at 55 years old to weigh less than I ever remember weighing (which was 184 lbs in grade 4).

I can't wait to move on to the next phase. 

Tricia

Sumundo311
on 2/25/15 2:50 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

Congratulations, you did amazingly well. Wow goal weight so quickly, you rock it girl

Susan C

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

MajorMom
on 2/25/15 6:30 pm - VA

Congratulations!!   

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Star0210
on 2/25/15 9:11 pm
DS on 11/28/14

Congratulations!

how much have you lost total since your revision? 

Lim 3 months out and it's very slow..which I knew it would be so I'm not complaining but it does make me wonder if I'll ever be able to reach my goal.

A_Whole_New_Me
on 2/25/15 11:58 pm

Thanks, ladies. It all seems a bit surreal!

Star, I've lost 108 lbs since the revision. I, too, felt like I was a slow loser (or that somehow I must be doing something wrong) but just kept plugging away. Increasing my fat intake and the occasional serving of carbs to wake up my body seemed to get the scale moving again. For me, one of the hardest things has been to be patient with the process. Good luck to you!

Tricia 

south2north
on 2/26/15 3:47 am
DS on 11/19/14

GREAT job!  Congratulations!

PeteA
on 2/26/15 4:50 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congrats!!!!

Kathy S.
on 2/26/15 5:16 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Mstay1985
on 2/26/15 6:45 am - Birmingham, AL

Congrats on reaching your goal weight.  Every time I come on this site, it is such an inspiration to me.  I have not had my surgery yet, but plan to this summer and I am excited.  I have wanted to try so many of the shake, meal weight loss options but have resisted since I was approved for disability.  I am saving every extra penny for the surgery since medicare does not cover it all.  Instead, I just decided to do a general eat less route and trying to stop things like candy and sodas now.  I admit it is difficult because I think I am a soda addict.  I went from a 2 litter a day to about a 2 liter a week.  I know that is not the best, but I figure every little bit counts. :-)

Also for the people that say they are losing slower, I say to just don't give up.  I am a firm believer that every individual's body is different.  I met a woman the other day at a wls info meeting who was 5 months out of surgery and down 95 lbs.  She still looked relatively large though (over 300 lbs).  I think some of us that have further to lose may just drop higher lbs faster.  I once lost 15 lbs in a week when I was younger and they put me on a youth diet plan and lots of exercise.  It is more important to lose the weight and keep it off in my humble opinion because I was always able to lose, just never able to keep it off.

I also understand where you are coming from with never remember being at that low a weight.  I remember being 250 in 6th grade and I am only 5' 2".  I am sure that this will be like seeing myself for the first time when I get to my goal weight (which I have no idea what it is right now).

LngRedRose
on 2/26/15 11:10 pm

I am researching revision now.  From a sleeve to a DS.  Can you tell me the pros and cons for you?  Would you do it again if you had the choice?  Thanks! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 156 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 695 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views