11 Years Ago Today!!!!

charlietuna54
on 4/21/15 5:09 am - St. Augustine, FL

I can Not believe it has been 11 years.... Been the greatest 11 years of my life.... I had a great support team and surgery team and I still follow-up with my surgeon annually. Been having some low iron and potassium issues the last 6 months but I went and had my labs taken this morning and hopefully we got those issues resolved.

This is a horrible disease and I am glad there is a cure. If you are just starting the journey make sure you are committed to a life long commitment of protein and supplements and vitamins. It is a small sacrifice when you consider what you receive in return. Don't give up on your journey. It will be the best thing you have ever done. You will have obstacles and there will be days when you wonder what you have done to yourself, but hang in there as life will be much better on the other side  

This past year my wife and I went to Alaska for 2 weeks of fishing and hiking. At 500 pounds there would have been no way I could have even gotten on the plane to go much less do all the walking we did. I appreciate each day I have and will never forget life as it use to be. I now have 2 young grand daughters and love being able to play chase and just lay in the grass and have fun with them.  

If there is anything I can do to encourage you or answer any questions, please reach out to me. I wish you much success on your personal journey.

Charlie

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/15 5:46 am

Congratulations Charles on your success. It's always encouraging to know people have been able to stick to the program over a long period of time without regaining the weight.

south2north
on 4/21/15 6:42 am
DS on 11/19/14

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing.

PattyL
on 4/21/15 6:52 am

Nice to see you here!  Congrats and keep on taking good care of yourself!

Shawnern
on 4/21/15 10:24 am - Rochester, MN

Congratulations on 11 successful years. I bet Alaska was a blast and hope to go there one day.

Shawn

ladybug513
on 4/22/15 4:57 am - NY

I love to see these posts!!  My two year is coming up.  Hard to believe it's been that long.  Congratulations on your success!

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

manditude
on 4/22/15 9:47 pm

It is so wonderful that you returned to post such an encouraging message for new folks. I just passed my 4 year mark and it is thanks to posts like this that encouraged me to investigate the DS. So very glad for you and your family! Congrats on 11 wonderful years!

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

Kathy S.
on 4/27/15 3:09 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thank you for the update!  We need to see success stories long term.  Congratulations on an awesome job

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

kittykatkris
on 5/17/15 9:34 pm - Selden, NY

I honestly thank you for your post. I am in the pre op stages but the thing that worries me the most is long term. What will it be like when im 60? 70? So on that truly is always on my mind. Its good to see posts from people so far out.

Im 32 by the way lol

sunshine1968
on 3/13/16 6:30 pm

Hi Charlie,

I had my DS in 2013 and never got down to goal and have recentl gained back over 20lbs. Could you give me an idea of what your eating and exercise plan is like, what type of probiotic you use, and what your sleeve and common channel length are?  Really struggling and feeling frustrated. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views