please help

cherylbaker
on 4/27/15 2:08 am, edited 4/27/15 2:09 am

I really need some advise. Some of you may have sen my previous posts reg my problem. Unfortunately this have not gotton better.  Short history. 

Jan 2015 started having stomach issues.. started out no pain or cramps but having to go to the bathroom 6 or more times a day.  Sometimes diarhea sometines they were hard as a rock.. Tried everything to resolve. 

March 2015 had checkup with surgon who did not feel it was surgery related or a big deal. My symptoms were still pretty much the same. With the exception i did occasionally have an upset tummy and i had rubbery white things in my bm. He perscribed a week of flagyl and to take pepto bismal for my tummy.. the pepto seemed to cause me to have diarrhea do i only took it occasionally. . After the week on the medication thlse white things went away but Everything else the same. Because of all the bathroom issues my butt feels like it's on fire all the tine

April 2015. Started getting nauseas and wasn't eating as much.lost 12lbs in 3 weeks. Stomach bad bathroom issues still going on. Feeling nauseas and have lower back pain and stomach is distended and feel pressure in my pelvis area.

Called pcp and they won't see me. Going to make an appt for me with a gastro guy.  Sugested i try probiotics again and yogart. I dunno when this appt is going to be but it seems like there has to be some test a pcp can run to find our what is going on. My hemroid is never going to go away as long as i am going to the bathroom soo many times a day.  My waist is 2 inches bigger despite losing weight.  

I really do not know what is wrong or what to do. Occasionally i will have a good couple of days and i think this are better and than bam it's back again. 

In jan right b4 this started i had oral surgery and was put on an antibiotic.. could that have done something that would turn into all this? 

I can't take this any more. .

RNY 2000 - HW 400 - LW 140 

Maintained 180 for 7 yrs regained to 300

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

HW 300 - SW 280 - CW 3/17 182 - GW 169

Updated 6/28/15 CW 155 - GW 149

Kathy S.
on 4/27/15 5:35 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We are sorry to hear all you are going through.  Have you called your surgeon?  Hopefully some of your fellow DS'ers can point you in the right direction.

Good Luck

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Herman
on 4/27/15 6:22 am

Cheryl, the antibiotic you took in Jan. very likely wiped out all of your good bacteria in your gut. I would try a really good probiotic and eat lots of yogurt. If that doesn't work, then you need to get back on a antibiotic (Flagyl) and while on it you need to take a probiotic and keep taking it after. 
Good Luck

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
Star0210
on 4/27/15 12:52 pm
DS on 11/28/14

Are you taking a good probiotic?

I've read that sometimes people need more than one round of flagyl

Have they tested you for C. Difficile?

MajorMom
on 4/27/15 6:46 pm - VA

I'm so sorry. I would definitely get tested for C-Diff again, which may take stronger antibiotics to totally kill, followed by a super strong probiotic such as VSL#3 DS.  Good luck and please keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

airbender
on 4/28/15 11:42 pm

first have you called Roslin?  i think seeing a GI is the best idea now, but in the meantime, soak your behind in sitz bath after each bowel movement as you dont want to increase your chances of a fissure you think you cant take it now, if you get one of those you will have wished you did.  you are bloated, which is obvious by your measurments.  Not sure what you are eating, stay away from the carbs, especially simple carbs, concentrate on good quality proteins that will help with your diarrhea, also stay away from mg citrate or oxide that will tear up your gi system, try mg glycinate, I use KAL, highly absorbable and gentle, or elimiate mg for a week,  but "suggested i try probiotics again" is not the right thougth process, you need a good quality probiotic everyday forever, yogurt is great but not for more GI issues.  As Gina suggested the best probiotic I have used is VSL#3DS, start off with a 1/2 a day then adjust as needed, within 3 weeks you should have significant improvement.  get a good GI consult, but I believe it has more to do with moving things around, eliminating things, adding things till you find what will work for you.  hope you feel better soon

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

cherylbaker
on 4/30/15 8:18 pm

Thanks guys. My gi appt is the 19th. I bought a different probiotic. I am feeling a little better than when i posted. Problem is things get better for a day and than go back.  But at least at this point i am not in constant pain. Cramps are better. For now. I bought the probiotic that had the most cultures. Still going bm to many times a day and still fluctuating between constipation and diahrehia. I tried a food lig but everything i ate made me go to the bathroom. I did notice that after  3 or 4pm everyday things seemed to calm down.  No matter what i ate b4 that i would go immediately but after 3 or 4 nothing.  Much calmer knowing seing a gi guy seems to be the right thing to do.  Still loosing weight even with all this (surprising since my eating has been bad.. trying to find out if its good related).. tks for the support

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

cherylbaker
on 5/9/15 6:27 am

So update and questions. . Asked my pcp for a script for the vsl#3ds (wow that cap is expensive ) been taking 1/4 packet for 4 days. So far no change. How long should I wait to increase dosage and how much should I increase to. Also since I am only sick in the am do you think it would better if I took it at night? Any thoughts as to why it is only in the am I am sick? After 11 or so I am usually better.. sometimes as late as 3 though. .

Tks

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

katinhouston
on 5/11/15 8:09 pm - Houston, TX

Have you checked your vitamins, supplements for sugar alcohols? Most chewable vitamins/supplements and some protein supplements have them. I was having horrible stomach issues in the mornings as soon as I started taking my chewable calcium and multivitamins.  It was the sugar alcohols in them. They are in a lot of things: chewing gum, protein bars, sugar free candy, etc. I cannot touch ANY of that stuff any more!  Even one of the probiotic capsules I purchased had sugar alcohols in it (no idea why since it was a capsule) and I spent the evening in the bathroom after that.

Sugar alcohols end in 'itol'. Mannitol, sorbitol, etc you can google a list of them (also isomalt).

just a thought...

cherylbaker
on 5/13/15 7:48 am

I stopped taking all vitamins and shakes for 3 weeks with no change.  

DS 7/8/14 with Dr Roslin

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom