DS 6-1/2 years ago... need some suggestions on maintaining weight from DS'ers with...

sarah Shonfelt
on 5/18/15 6:55 am - Acworth, GA
I had my DS in 2008, I lost 185 lbs and have been able to maintain my weightloss through these past 6-1/2 years.. however in the past couple months I have gone from 147 lbs to 157 lbs and just need some weight loss reminders to bring myself back to 147 lbs... I still eat high protein, staying away from pasta's, rice, and potatoes. I have put some more bread into my diet which I know is probably the biggest contributer(along with coffee) for my recent weight gain. Back when I first lost weight it was common to do a "quick-fix" by eating a couple marshmellows or sugar-foods to shock my system.. but it has been so long since I have experienced weightgain... so If I could hear from some long-term DS'ers on what they use to comebat weightgain please advise. Thank You! Sarah

Thanks, Sarah                 HW: 325 SW: 311  -  DS Surgery 10/15/08

Chilipepper
on 5/18/15 7:17 pm

Start with what we all learned at first. Cut out the carbs. Get into Ketosis and get moving. Give up the marshmallows and grab a big of beef jerky instead. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Valerie G.
on 5/20/15 3:17 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Regain is to be expected at the rate of 15-25% ewl, but if you want to fight it - you have to really fight it and its not going to be anywhere near as easy as it was the first time.  High protein/high fat/low carb is a start.  Some saw better results with intermittent fasting thrown in too.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 259 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views