Help! Have gained approx. 100lbs back since my surgery in 2002 at USC.

NicBell
on 5/18/15 12:42 pm - Tigard, OR

Has this happened to many others? If so, is there a fix?  Besides the obvious! ;) I figured I'd come straight to people who know instead of Dr Google.  I was in a support group specific to my hospital/dr years ago but have totally lost touch there.  It seems my stomach has just stretched almost back to normal, and I thought that wasn't supposed to be able to happen?  Anyways, I've finally decided enough is enough and I want to look into this and see if I'm a freak of nature or if this is a common thing.  Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing how others are doing years out!

Star0210
on 5/18/15 7:33 pm
DS on 11/28/14

There are a few people in the various Facebook groups who have had DS to DS revisions.

how is your diet? 

Do you know what size your sleeve was made and how long your limb lengths are?

NicBell
on 5/18/15 7:45 pm - Tigard, OR

Thanks so much for the response! I have lived in Australia for the past 11 years and have been totally out of the loop - thanks for the Facebook idea, I will search for DS groups. Your questions are a bit too technical for me and I have forgotten a lot of the particulars, although I'm not sure I ever knew any of that to be honest. things I should look into maybe? My diet = same problem as ever - portion control.

MsBatt
on 5/31/15 4:47 am

Do you journal your food? If not, start. What's an average days' menu look like? How many grams each are you getting of protein, fat, and carbs?

Valerie G.
on 5/20/15 3:20 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Some have been resleeved to gain back restriction, but I've not seen anyone gain as much back as you have.  Are you doing high protein/high fat/low carb?  If not, that's your first step.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Vicki PNW
on 5/24/15 1:31 pm

Since you live in Tigard, you could try going thru OHSU down in the South Waterfront area just off I-5.  One of the surgeons does DS only on a case-by-case basis.  Since you have had the DS already, you could go to him or any of the two other surgeons that does VSG and see if your sleeve could be re-sleeved.

I am 7 years out and have lost more than 100# and kept it off.  I would like to lose 50# more.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 147 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views