Regaining Weight

deborah127
on 5/28/15 3:08 pm

Hello,

I had a revision of my RNY to Duodenal Switch about 2 years ago. Since then I have fallen back into my old habits. I eat because of my emotions. Stress is the worst. I feel like I have failed the surgery and that it will no effect on my weight loss attempts. I am ready to make the changes. Has this happened to anyone else? Can you stretch a duodenal switch pouch? Any advise?

MajorMom
on 5/29/15 2:44 am - VA

Wishing you great luck in getting things back under control.  Yes, you can stretch your sleeve/stomach but try to cut back and see if you can readjust to smaller portions. The malabsorption is probably still working but I understand the problem with portion control.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Crazeru
on 5/29/15 3:59 pm

Get rid of the bad snacking foods and fill up the fridge with meat and cheese snacks.  Jerky and nuts are great for snacking on.  If it's not in the house, it's harder to pig out on the carbs.  Salad makings with full fat dressings - add salami and diced eggs for protein.

Back to basics - protein and water.  Protein should fill you up for longer.  Eat until you get your full signal and then stop.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

MsBatt
on 5/31/15 4:39 am

You don't have a pouch now---you have a fully-functional stomach, and yes, over time, it does mature to be somewhat larger than it was early out. My advice is to eat protein and fat FIRST, every single time you eat anything. How many grams of protein do you usually eat per day? What about fat? At only two years out, if you're gaining weight you're probably eating too little protein and fat, and therefore too many carbs.

sunshine1968
on 3/13/16 6:15 pm

I'm in the same boat and am trying to get control of my carb habit. Let me know if you find anything that works for you. I'm trying to go back to basics and to cut my carbs down to 50g per day and eat protein and fat first before veggies. I developed a bad habit of eating processed carbs after a very long stall and several family deaths in one year. I was deeply depressed and using carbs to treat it. I'm working on cutting the carbs and finding other ways of managing my emotions. I would suggested cleaning out the kitchen of all carbs and having lots of high protein high fat foods in the fridge. Drink 64+ oz of water a day, get in all your  vits, protein and fats. Log all your food in a journal or elsewhere so you can keep track of what you are eating. We can do this!  I don't know if you have a whole foods near you but they have something called Parmesan crisps in the cheese section and they are awesome. Might be worth trying them as they taste like a chip but are cheese. Make a list of things you can eat and post them on your fridge. For me, initially, it's easier for me to order out from outback-steak and asparagus..shrimp etc...When I'm struggling I just find it easier than cooking. Good luck and keep me up on how you are doing!

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 40 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 40 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 618 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 227 views