DS surgeons in Texas???

AmberK
on 7/20/15 9:32 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Hello! Can anyone tell me some names of surgeons in Texas who do the DS and do it often? One that I have heard of is Dr.Ayoola in Denton TX.  

Kelleigh710
on 7/21/15 2:21 am, edited 7/21/15 2:21 am

Hi Amber,

Dr. A. has quite the following. I am in the misdt of consulting with him for a much more complicated revision. I had an RNY in 2000 and a band over bypass in 2010. Dr. Ayoola has been great with communicating and being honest with me on all fronts. As a matter of fact, at the urging of one of his patients, I reached out to him via Facebook on a Sunday with a question, he responded immediately and was very nice. You will find a lot of his patients have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. As for his technical ability, he may not be AS experienced as Dr. K and Dr. R. in Cali, but he seems to be holding his own and doing well with revisions. He would be my recommendation.

AmberK
on 7/21/15 12:52 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Thank you for your response!  

I did set up a apt. with him! His nurse did tell me that because my BMI is 33 that he would probably not do the DS on me. I have zero health issues. So, I will probably consult with him and get his opinion as well as DR.Nick Nichloson who did my sleeve. Nick did awesome and I really respect him, I just know he does not do DS...

bigmikebigfoothunter
on 7/22/15 4:34 am
DS on 03/10/14

Hello Amber ! I used Dr Stephen Hamn out of Texas  health Presbyterian  Plano. I was his 7th Ds and have lost 60 percent of my total body weight in 16 months. He is a very skilled surgeon. I have tons of other health issues now but none do to his work. I would highly recommend him.if u are interested I will look up his number for you . His office is located in professional building beside the hospital . He isn't a hand holding kind of Dr. But he is very skilled surgeon. Let me know if u have any questions for me I would be glad to help, mike

I was 478 pounds now 212

AmberK
on 7/22/15 12:00 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Wow!! that's awesome! Congrats! So excited for you!

I will for sure look him up! Im about three hours away from the Metroplex but believe its the best place to be for these surgeries. I family there so its easy for me.

I'll look him up now! Thanks!

cantstalkthis
on 7/29/15 10:34 pm

Dr. Ayoola is doing my DS on the 10th of next month. We've been through the ringer with insurance but I felt very comfortable with him during my endoscopy and Trevor (his office manager) has done everything possible to get me approved. I plan to keep everyone updated on my experience with Dr. A. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views