probiotics

scaryreader
on 8/25/15 6:11 pm - Chicago, IL

Has anyone tried different probiotics, and then settled on Colon Health? My doc says it will greatly reduce my bloating, gas and very frequent bowel movements.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

MajorMom
on 8/26/15 2:58 am - VA

I tried all kinds of probiotics but have settled on VSL#3 DS. It requires a prescription if you get the packets. I only have to use 1/2 teaspoon twice a day.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

jashley
on 8/26/15 9:27 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I had the wicked bowel movements the first 7 months.  My greatest relief came from doubling up on my calcium (taking 1100 mg per session, 4 times a day).  It helped slow things down.  Secondly, I found an iron supplement that binds me up.  For a while, I was taking some cheap iron (in addition to my real iron I take) knowing that I was not really absorbing it well - but it constipated me so I got some relief that way till I could get all my vitamins up and running. 

Between the calcium and the iron, and eliminating all carbs that I could, things started to settle down.  I did try all kinds of probiotics, and none of them helped with this issue.  On the other hand, my sister takes them and it stops her diarrhea, so YMMV type of situation.

Good luck.

airbender
on 8/28/15 5:47 am

what Gina said...VSL#3 DS, excellent, nothing like it.  Have been on it for a couple years now.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 249 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 734 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views