Newbie getting ready for revision surgery VSG to DS

Blue123
on 4/24/16 6:27 pm
DS on 05/02/16

tomorrow I start my liquid diet. My surgery is set for May 2nd. Not scared of surgery. Just scared of failure. I didn't do well with the VSG. Any advice?

larra
on 4/25/16 8:50 am - bay area, CA

We see new people seeking and getting revision from VSG to DS all the time. You didn't fail, the operation did. Success with VSG after the initial strong restriction wears off (and it will) depends entirely on following a low calorie, low carb, low fat diet for life. For many of us who dieted our way to morbid obesity, that isn't enough. We need the malabsorption and metabolic changes that the DS provides.

I think you will find far greater success with your DS than you ever did with a VSG. I am also sending you a pm so look out for it.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 4/25/16 9:31 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

What Larra said

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PeteA
on 4/25/16 7:02 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

As far as I'm concerned this is really the part that is the game changer. For me and I think many of us if restriction was enough we would have never gotten to the point where we considered WLS at allWork with the tools and tehy won't let you down. Keep hydrated and then protein first. 

Good luck with the liquid diet. I found it easier knowing that surgery was the end point. Keep counting the things you can't or won't do now and then think out being able to actually accomplish them.

On the practical side. When they let you go home take  a pillow to hold against your stomach on the way home. I still remember every bump from my ride home.  

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views