Help Please!!!!

Joyce P.
on 5/5/16 9:45 am - Halifax, VA
DS on 11/07/14

I am a year and a half out. Can we DS patients do a pouch reset to see if we still have restriction? As of right now I have very little to none. Need some help suggestions!

Joyce P
Halifax, Virginia

larra
on 5/5/16 10:17 am - bay area, CA

Joyce, I'm sure you know this, but you have a sleeve, not a pouch. Very different!

It's possible that your sleeve could have stretched out, though only 1 and 1/2 years seems a bit quick for that to me. If that is the case, it is possible to do a re-sleeve, but it's more risky than the original sleeve because the surgeon must make sure the entire old staple line is removed and not crossed over with new staples, to avoid a patch of stomach with a poor blood supply, which can lead to a leak.

I think the first step would be to have either endoscopy or upper GI x-rays to see where you stand with your sleeve, and if it is stretched out, to seek the advice of an experienced DS surgeon to see if revision would be worthwhile.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 5/6/16 9:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Your stomach will stretch in time, even more than it has now.  I can hold about 12oz of food now, enough that I still don't eat like I used to but nobody guesses that I had wls anymore.  With that comes the advantage of eating enough protein to not needing to depend on protein shakes if you choose.  With that comes some responsibility, though.  Feed your body what it needs and be responsible about the simple carbs, and you can stay out of trouble despite a larger stomach today.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

chevtow41
on 5/6/16 6:26 pm
DS on 11/11/14

Pouch reset seems like a bunch of baloney and you have a sleeve anyway. How do you know you have no restriction? Are you overeating? Try eating proper size low carb meals. You don't have to eat till you're stuffed or even full. Eat to survive not to eat.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views