WLS journey on YouTube

mandachelle
on 5/30/16 7:53 pm

hey! My name is Amanda and I'm brand new to the site and have scheduled my DS fo July 25th. I thought it would be good to start documenting my journey pre and post op and see if any of you have done the same. There are so many great people I've seen who make videos of their experiences before and after a WLS and just want to see as many as possible and throw mine out there as well. I look forward to learning more about everybody and seeing your progress as well! 

Link my first video:

http://youtu.be/w21mRDs3f_Q

PeteA
on 5/31/16 5:24 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I wouldn't want to document like that but I am a big fan of keeping track of your journey and the changes involved.

Congrats.

Pete

mandachelle
on 5/31/16 7:02 am

I'm not sure I'll keep doing it publicly unless people are interested in watching. if I don't do it publicly, I'll definitely still keep track everything for me personally :) thank you so much!

PeteA
on 5/31/16 6:02 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I think it's specific to people at certain points on the journey. When I was pre-op I scoured You Tube for info on people who had the DS and I think for the first year I probably would have followed pretty closely but sat 3 years I just try and answer some questions when I can and look for any new information that is helpful.

I like OH but you might also look at the FB groups. They are not all my cup of tea but ther are a lot of diverse opinions.

Pete

JuicyDevil
on 7/23/16 10:32 pm

You are right about the FB Groups, some people are down right rude, Talk down to you ... It;s nuts in there they can di**** , but cant take it, then you get banned...smh

blinder
on 6/4/16 6:58 am

Hey I just subscribed!!! As much as I love a good forum, I much prefer to watch YouTube videos. Thanks for being brave enough to make your journey so public! 

mandachelle
on 6/5/16 6:12 am

Thank you! I'm the same way! I've learned a lot from forums, but also prefer watching videos. Just something about them, makes it much more personal and you can see their continued progress. I look forward to sharing my journey!

sarasar7
on 6/5/16 2:24 pm

hi im sara and im also having the ds in july. I have no****ched any videos but it would be fun to see the  outcomes for both of us along the way. please try to stay in touch and we can share across the journey. thanks Sara

mandachelle
on 6/5/16 5:43 pm

Hey Sara! What's your date in July? It's nice to find somebody who will be going through the same thing around the same time!

sarasar7
on 6/5/16 7:44 pm

hello again, My appointment was Friday , and they said they would call me Monday. I do know it will be in July. it was meant to be that we found each other. Where are you from. Im in Lebanon Ohio and my surgery is at sycamore hospital in Dayton Ohio. My surgeon is David Schmacher. I understand They have a new wing just for bariatrics, they say that all rooms are are single and look like motels. That is nice because I snore loud!!! I will let you know my date tomorrow. Have a good night Sara

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 641 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views