Thinking about the switch - What is your experience with the DS?

Betty Jo L.
on 7/20/16 6:45 am

Hi Everyone it has been sometime that I've been on here. I been doing some research to have the DS done. I was sleeved Nov 2014 and not satisfied I need more. I wanted to ask how different was it from the sleeve to the Switch if that makes sense. Any information is appreciated. Like did you loose more weight did your eating habits change from the sleeve, was there more medications or complications from the switch. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post and giving me input.

Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
PattyL
on 7/20/16 6:34 pm

Since you already have 1/2 the DS anyway, it's the logical way to go.  You know that restriction isn't enough so add malabsorbtion.

I had mine done almost 15 years ago and I'm still around and healthy as a horse.  No complaints!

Valerie G.
on 7/21/16 6:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm an 11 yr vet healthy as a horse too.  The eating habit that changed for me is that I eat a lot more than I did before my DS.  In time, your sleeve stretches, but never anywhere close to the size it started.  You probably notice that yourself already, that you can eat more today than you did your first year.

When you talk to your doc about the possibility of a revision, also talk about the necessity of re-sleeving to get it smaller, like a virgin DS.  Those who do, get a bigger jump-start from their revision.  No matter what, you should see better results, though.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Isha F.
on 7/25/16 1:41 pm

Another vet checking in.  I'm about 11.5 years out.  Still at normal BMI.

DS was hands down in the top 5 best decisions of my life.

I wish you huge success!

Isha - I lost 235 pounds EATING NORMAL!  Saavy? Click on my name to find out why I chose the Duodenal Switch Surgery instead. 

isha.jpg picture by leaannjohnson
 Captain Hook: [to Wendy] Didst thou ever want to be a pirate? 

nwtxmom
on 8/9/16 6:30 pm

Hi I recently had the DS with sleeve surgery.  I think it was the best decision I made when I was doing research, Sleeve vs. DS w/ Sleeve.

Lori

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 273 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 747 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views