Getting Ready for my 2nd anniversary post

Brandy G.
on 7/30/16 5:42 pm
DS on 08/20/14

I feel like this is a bit of a golden time.  I still remember clearly the troubles of the first few months, but that is tempered by living as a 154 pounder for the last six months.   I will wait until the end of Aug and I have my 24 month bloodwork in my hands before I post anything, though.  I am curious what kinds of things people might want me to include.   I doubt I will do this again, unless I run into problems and have to start haunting the boards again.  

(An aside:  Major thanks to the veterans that wrangle with these boards day in and day out, year in and year out.  I stand on your shoulders and I salute you!  And it is a darn nice feeling knowing you guys are here, even if I don't need you today.)

A teaser though --

The biggest lesson from my whole DS experience is this:  The universe mirrors back what you send out. 

I knew that from a negative side before the surgery, but towards the end of the weight loss phase, I learned about living in exuberant joy mode and what life was like when you put that vibe out.  People get used to everything, so already I have to work to send out that vibe, but that is ok.  I am up for the challenge.  I think it will be this aspect, not the actual weight loss, that will make the greatest difference in my life. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/16 6:31 pm

Congrats on your weight loss. It's a great accomplishment.

I would also like to echo your comments of thanks to the veterans that have been posting and updating the site for years to help the rest of us thru this major life transformation.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views