Boring Days Blues....

ILoveFlowers
on 10/25/16 2:48 pm

Today is a very boring day.  I'm all caught up at work and I have exhausted my stack of all the things I put off to do "later."  After about an hour of looking for things to do, I caught myself listening to gossip--something I try not to do.  Then I saw it--the pizza everyone but me had for lunch.  It's one of my faves--meat lovers from pizza hut.  It's there, calling me.  It needs me to eat a slice.  It wants me to eat a slice for old times sake.  Do you realize how hard it is to not eat it?  I could very easily rationalize it out--I haven't had my surgery yet and surely one slice couldn't hurt that much.  I walked away, slowly, very slowly.  I chose not to eat the pizza.  It's still there, screaming at me.  I've betrayed the pizza gods and they are not happy.  If there is a natural disaster in the Littlefield, TX area, it's my fault.  

MajorMom
on 10/25/16 3:39 pm - VA

lol  You're a stronger person than I was today. You've got this!  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

chevtow41
on 10/25/16 7:54 pm
DS on 11/11/14

I'd eat a few pieces but only the toppings. Get protein and fat. Win win

larra
on 10/25/16 8:06 pm - bay area, CA

Right now you're pre-op, but one of the great things about the DS is that there are no foods that are off limits forever. Of course you'll want to emphasize protein, well, forever, and limit carbs during your rapid weight loss phase, but eventually you will be able to eat pizza again. You'll eat less than before because your stomach will be much smaller, but you can have pizza, or Chinese food, or whatever, in reasonable amounts and still lose weight and maintain your weight loss. And dumping rarely occurs with the DS.

So hang in there with your pre-op diet, with the knowledge that it's your last diet of this kind.

Larra

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/16 10:48 pm

I'd go ahead and eat it, then watch the nutrition for the balance of the day.

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/26/16 9:05 pm
I say....do everything you can to get to your goal weight as fast as you can. I didn't "cheat" for MONTHS after surgery....you have to take advantage of the great opportunity you have to get to an ideal weight.

Things change once you get to goal. I eat thousands of calories a day....So I eat pizza when I want..I just ate taco bell for a 4th meal (Cheesy gordita crunch, taco, and bean burrito with a large diet pepsi.).

So stay strong! Just keep thinking....being at goal is the goal right now!

Scott
Brandy G.
on 10/30/16 2:41 pm, edited 10/30/16 7:41 am
DS on 08/20/14

I found the pre-surgery diet the hardest diet by far.  And it turned out that they put me on a more restricted one than I needed, but that at least gave me one more pig-out before surgery.  :-)

Some of why is the VSG part of the DS removes the majority of places where the body can manufacture the hunger hormone.  The body learns to compensate after a while, but experiencing life without it is rather eye opening. 

Eating after is about finding the right foods in the right quantities to make your body feel good, or at least better.  It doesn't take the same type of discipline.  After surgery you will look at that slice, maybe take a bite, and your body will let you know what it will allow.  If you read it slightly wrong, you get a night of bloat, which isn't too awful, until you do it to yourself four or five nights in a row.   If you read it really wrong, you will be sprinting to the bathroom, which sometimes is worth it. 

Eventually you decide what you can live with, but food has never had the same power over me. 

Good luck!

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 114 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 658 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views