Where do you purchase your vitamins

stillhopefull
on 1/17/17 9:30 am

I am probably killing people with this question.  I have searched the forum and can't figure out how to navigate it.  Yes, I am lost when it comes to computers.  I purchase as many vitamins as I can from CVS, Walgreens, Sam's, Costco but there are certain ones like the Dry Vitamin A 25000 iu I have to order on line.  I would love to purchase through Vita Lady but cost is a big focus for me with my husband's medical bills. When time to order, I spend hours surfing the web looking for the cheapest ones I can find with hopefully no shipping cost.  Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.  

for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
K P.
on 1/17/17 10:25 am
DS on 07/08/14

I get mine using Amazon Prime. Most all my supplemental vitamins are bought off Amazon and I like the free shipping. 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Valentina408
on 1/17/17 11:56 am
DS on 10/11/16

Hi, I bought the vitamins initially from the doctor which is not like me at all. I live on disability and pension.  But I was confused.

Now I've learned that since we don't absorb fat appropriately, no pills can be in oil (like fish oil, etc.).  Basically, I've gone on youtube and found folks showing their vitamins. Many had DS and are NOT needing chewable vitamins, just over the counter is ok.  Also, the calcium citrate as a little "candy" was expensive, I the bought it on www.puritanspride.com  I have been using them for MANY YEARS, I find their costs to be low and always have a great product. I purchased from them also, the dry vitamin D. I happen to take lots of vitamins already since I have an anemia issue.

JazzyOne9254
on 1/26/17 10:22 am

Try looking on eBay for the Bio-Tech capsules.  They are exactly the same as what Vitalady sells. I get a better price on Amazon for the Bio-Tech D3 50,000IU  currently $19.71

I supported Vitalady early out, when I was a newbie, but once I learned what I needed, and started back to college, ($$$) I had to find less expensive sources.  I also live on SSDI and Vocational Rehabilitation pays for tuition and books for me to get off disability into another profession more compatible with my disability  That was my primary reason for getting the DS, since my weight was part of my disability.  I also am disabled by Lupus.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

stillhopefull
on 1/17/17 12:00 pm

I did spend time looking at Puritan Pride and found the vitamins I needed on another site cheaper. I guess I am just being lazy and not wanting to do my time looking for best prices. I am having a hard time finding Magnesium Citrate in dry form.  Can find Mag Oxide everywhere but my understanding is that the Citrate is better absorbed than the Oxide.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Valerie G.
on 1/21/17 9:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Thrift and convenience rarely go hand-in-hand from my experience, either.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

stillhopefull
on 1/24/17 2:34 am

Agree

for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
JazzyOne9254
on 1/26/17 9:11 am

You are correct.  Your minerals(Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, etc.) should be citrates with the DS.

I also get many of those on eBay/Amazon.  OTC retail just doesn't cut it. Too many pills to take to get the correct dosage.  The potencies we need are just not sold as OTC in the United States.  I also get my B12 Injection vials (SANDOZ ONLY - Don't mess with that other stuff from Thailand and elsewhere!)

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Petunia
on 1/17/17 9:35 pm

Vitalady, Amazon and Vitacost, mostly protein powder at Vitacost.  

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/18/17 7:02 pm
I buy A, D, E, K1 from Vitalady and heme iron too.

I buy my multi form Vitamin shoppe (i find that I like good quality multis).

K2 I buy on amazon prime.

Zinc, calcium citrate, B, B-12, magnesium citrate, magnesium oxide (I take this to stay regular), melatonin etc. I buy at Walmart.

Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views